ROLLED HALVES VS. LOOSE HALVES-THERE ARE KEEPERS!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Today I purchased $310.00 in rolled halves and found nothing.?

A lot of tellers today said I have some loose halves and I said I'll take them.? Usually I don't bother buying the loose halves becuase I thought a teller would keep the silver halves,as they easily stand out.
Obviously I was wrong because I bought $36.00 in loose halves today and I found:

1952D Franklin? :o? How could a teller not know this was a goodie.

3-1969D

Attachments

• Halves2.jpg
    Halves2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Remember that most tellers are young girls that don't know any better. So try not to educate them too much. LOL

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows what goes thru the mind of these young tellers? I've always thought that collectors lurk among them and grab all the goodies but I've come to realize they can't spot everything. And there are probably many more non-collectors (surly attitudes are alone proof of that).

Looks like you'll have to modify your January total pw. Good going! You've got the silver equivalent of the Midas touch recently. Keep it up!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I had pretty much the same results on my last purchase. My bank was out- so I went around the corner and they had some, but they were loose. I took home 300 dollars worth and got 9 40%er's out of it. Surprised me!

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
The loose halves came from 4 different banks ang the tellers consisted of one man(approximately mid 20's), few young women(mid 20's) and 2 older women(approximately 50-60 years old). Maybe some tellers could care less if they find silver. ??? I took any and all halves even if a teller said I have one halve,and I think it paid off nicely today especially since all the rolled halves produced nothing. I guess this will be my new approach when searching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread