Clarification please...

lookin4coins

Feb 27, 2010
There are some terms used here that I am in question about and would appreciate any help.

I have read the Beginners Guide to CRH at the top of the forum, but still have a few questions...

Bags & Boxes of halves.

When I get $500 in halves at a bank, they are in factory rolls sealed in a clear bag. I see other people posting here about getting bags of halves, but it appears they are talking about loose coins in a bag from coin counting machines. Then, I see people posting about boxes of halves.... which, from the photos, appears to be rolls of halves in a box.

I have bought halves from many, many banks in my general area but have never gotten $500 box.
Are boxes a special order item?
When the posters here refer to getting bags of halves... are these bags the factory sealed ones with individual rolls OR are they referring to the bags of loose coins from coin counting machines?

Thanks for you help or any clarification on these terms.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I come from there are a few ways to get halves. First is full sealed boxes of 50 rolls for $500. These come in several different configurations. Bags that I order or get from machines have $1000 loose in halves. They can be bought off the coin-counting machines or some banks get them from the armoured car companies. JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread