Question on buying someones dumped halves.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
:icon_scratch: Here is the problem. Everyone says to buy ALL the rolls they have at a bank if you ask for rolls brought in by customers and the bank has them.
Today I asked and the teller said she didn't but, when she asked another teller she said she did. The first teller came back and asked me how much I wanted. Of course, I said how much do you have? She said $850.00. I chuckled and said I don't have that much with me but I will buy $400.00. She replied that's OK you can come back if you want because they will be here for while anyway. SO, I started to get more interested. I asked, were they brought in like this regularly?? She said no, I think they were emptying out a house. When she came out of the vault she had a $500.00 box with Brinks rolls that were opened on one end. I said to myself, crap, probably a dump. But, I took the box she came out with anyway and looked throught them all again. SKUNKED. Now, should I still go back for the rest??? Should I forget about them?? I didn't even get to go to any other banks because I usually have enough money with $400.00 to go to a half dozen!

Upvote 0

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
To start with would someone please tell me how to put somebodys response in a grey box.
On the note of me cluing tellers in by my list of questions, i will after judging the situation only ask 1 or 2 of them . Not teaching tellers is my #2 rule of CRH .

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The post that you want to quote will have a clickable link in the top right hand corner that says"Quote."

Scott

OP
OP
H

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I went to another bank and found the same initials on $200.00 there. Rats! Looks like a dumping spree.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
I'd get them. If it is a one time deal, it makes for happy tellers.
If it is a reoccuring deal (which you will not find out until later), then drop them from your list.

Bayman

Feb 21, 2010
Chesapeake Bay VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites XL PRO
I would get them, if for no other reason than to have a "clean" bank to work with. Anything new coming in may have some silver.

Bud

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So did I read you right? you went back and got the rest and found a ton of silver? That is exactly why I buy them all...all the time. Good on you and now you know the Rest of the story as the late Paul Harvey used to say.

Golden Silver

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I would normally buy them all. The one time I didn't was when she showed me a box that I had dumped at another bank. The bank rolls, opened on one end, had my mark on them. I figured that even if I had missed something, it wouldn't have slipped by twice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions