Nice little score of silver halves w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Pickings have been a little thin the past few weeks. Only got a few out of teller trays. Today I got a call from a teller friend who got in a box of halves from the fed. She said I could have 10 rolls as she had to save some for others. That's okay because I don't do boxes anyway as you all know. Got one ender that turned out to be a nice 1968 Kennedy. Also got a 1776-1976-S Clad proof and a 1987-P (key date). Both in very nice condition. Nothing else in the rolls. Gave me a good feeling, so decided to stop at a few banks in that area. Stopped at a BOA that I go to about once a month. Very nice teller there that remembers me when I come in. She knows I'm a collector. She smiled and said she had one roll and $6.50 loose of halves. When she handed me the roll I noticed the ends were scotch taped and the word "silver" written across the roll. I figured it may be another CRHer playing a game so wasn't too excited. The loose $6.50 were in one of those little bank envelopes. Anyway, thanked her and chattered with her for a few minutes then left. Stopped at the McDonalds for coffee, but before getting out of the car, I checked the envelope and heard the distinct
tingle of silver as they poured into my hand. A Couple were clad, but the rest silver (1) 1964...(1) 1965....(5) 1968....and (2) 1969. Then I stared at the roll and thought, "Nah...couldn't be! But then I remember how my grandmother and other older people always used to scotch tape the ends so "not a single one would ever fall out". Well, out they came and the whole roll was in fact silver (7) 1964....(1) 1965....(3) 1967...(3) 1968...(4) 1969 and (2) Ben Franklins...1958-D and 1961-D.
Ahhhhh! The snow is gone, Spring is here....and SILVER is back in the wild! I hope the pics come through okay. Took them with my cell phone which isn't the best.
rileyboy

Attachments

• silverroll.jpg
    silverroll.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , Rileyboy ! that would make my week -- ten 90% and umpteen 40%, Oh Yeah ! I
highly recommend that you bring a box of excellent chocolates to that teller . Argentium.

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Will try to get second photo in

Attachments

• wholeroll.jpg
    wholeroll.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 660
OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
You're right about that, Argentium. I certainly will bring her a box of nice Italian cookies the next time I stop there.
rileyboy

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is sweet! There is so much competition here that we are just buying each others re-rolled dumps. I'm giving up, I do a lot better as far as quality goes, with my geiger counter! ffd

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
congrats on the score of silver its always nice to hear the sound of silver . RON

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey "Gold Eye",
How's Tampa. I graduated from the University of Tampa in 1967. Will be going to a fraternity reunion
in Clearwater in May.
rileyboy

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
wow. that is an amazing find :o.....what state do you live in, cause around here not many hand wrapped rolls come through.....don't worry, I'm not going to race over to your area, and start buying up everything around there, i just want to get an idea. :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread