HALVES-I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES-SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT THIS

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
HALVES-I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES-SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT THIS

I got up early today and went to a lot of banks and purchased a total of $750.00 in rolled halves today. However, what you see below almost all came from one bank in just $160.00 in rolled halves.
The bank that I got these havles from is the same bank that I went to on Monday,but I didn't get any silver from this bank on Monday. Today was SILVER JACKPOT DAY! ;D I was actually thinking about not going back to this bank today but I'm really,really glad that I did.

Here's what I found today:

Walking Liberty Halves:

1935D
1941-(quantity 2)
1944S

Franklin Halves:

1954D
1958D
1961D
1962D(quantity 2)
1963D

Kennedy Halves 1964 (90% silver)----Quantity 8

Kennedy Halves (40% silver)----Quantity 31

Proof Halves

1998S

1776-1976S Bicentennial---Quantity 2

1971D Kennedy Half--Uncirculated????? It's so shiny!

Ikes-12

Found one SBA dollar mixed in a roll of halves. Also one of the banks that I purchased $250 in halves from the vault, were brought out in the round plastic halve containers, and no I did not find any halves in there but I did get to keep all the plastic containers and a nice cloth bag.

I swear that I don't think I can top this day of halve searching, and again I got VERY excited and experienced some chest pain but it went away once I could calm down. lol

Attachments

• Silver90.jpg
    Silver90.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 754
  • KennedyHalves2.jpg
    KennedyHalves2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 751
  • Proof2.jpg
    Proof2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 755
  • Ikes2.jpg
    Ikes2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: HALVES-I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES-SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT THIS

WOW! What a day! I went through 315 dollars worth yesterday and got skunked... :'( What's up with that blob on the 1972 in the left center? Nice cud! Someone could pay alittle more for that one....

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!!!!..............Darn good thing you went back to that bank. You may want to think about going back tomorrow as well!

Paul

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds!

;)

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o Holy $@#$%$* !! Nice work, Penny!!! You cleaned up today!!!!!!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are having some awesome good fortune pw! You may want to invest in a defibrilator just in case you come across any Barber halves!

Nada out of $100 in halves today and $50 in nicks produced meager results -

1948D (2)
1952D
1952S
1958D (2)
1959D (2)

Not a keeper in the bunch :-\

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Immy,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find any halves today. :( But they are obviously still out there, and I think hitting a variety of different banks will bring the results. I can't tell you how many different cities I have been in the past month buying rolled halves and I bet I have been in approximately 40-50 different banks.

It's funny that you mention finding a Barber half,because I said that to myself today. What if I come across one, I'll just flip out. LOL I know that's a LONG shot but I guess it's possible. I couldn't believe a 1917 Walker was in a roll. :o That's when I started doing a little victory dance. lol If I had been on a football feild maybe I would have fit right in. hehee

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Penny, what a Great Day! Congrats on a Silver Strike. 8) Your poor old 250 is just setting n the closet saying, "I'm so lonely, I could cry!" :'(

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Stoney, I haven't neglected my Ace 250 I took it out Thurdsay for a few hours and it beeped with joy. ;) Just not the sound of silver joy. lol

JandM

May 8, 2005

Congrats....i went through a box of halves and didn't find any thing what so ever ....You got a jack pot there.....

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got me beat with that 1917. In several years of searching I have found about 50 walkers, and the oldest is two 1918's. Congrats on the awesome totals. HH

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

PLEASE keep posting....This post of yours came during a silver drought for me and inspired me to keep trying...Wasn't too long after I got my first Walker half! There have been fewer responses to posts but it's probably the weather getting better and more metal detecting going on and/or the server being soooo slow that it takes longer to read the posts and reply. Looks like close to half the money has been raised for the new server so hopefully that problem will be taken care of...

p.s. I'll take a female over guys anyday!

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

Wasn't it you, who just a day or two ago was complaining because it was hard for you to find any halves? Way to go!! ;D

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

Halves have been harder to find...I haven't been traveling as much and think I've worn out the supply in my immediate area...Never know though! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread