Accidental 2 boxes of halves - finally a decent score! First Walker and Bens!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was done with halves last week. 4 more boxes had yielded 1 40%er, which was the exact same amount my 6 boxes before that had produced. I was just gonna switch to dimes, nickels and pennies for awhile. Well to make a long story short, I could not get in touch with my bank manager friend in time to cancel my standing order, so I went ahead and picked up my 2 boxes. Even though I really didn't want them, I sure wasn't going to NOT pick them up as the bank has been very nice to me (will order anything and everything I want and would happily allow me to dump there as well, although I don't). I do not even have an account with this bank. So I get home and open both boxes, and of course no enders. Not expecting much, I start tearing into rolls. The 3rd roll produced a 40%er. The 5th or 6th roll produced my first 90%er. Just about fell out of my chair when I saw the Liberty Bell on the reverse. Anyway, no dream box by any means, but considering my best box had been 1 keeper, it sure was a dream box to me.

BOX 1

17 40% (3-'66, 7-'67, 4-'68, 3-'69)
5 90% (2 Kens, 2 Bens ('50D, '59D), 1 Walker ('43)

I couldn't hardly wait to tear into the 2nd box. 3rd roll again produced another 40%er. Sadly, that was it. I was expecting better after the first box, but I have NO complaints at all. One thing I did notice was that there were virtually NO marked coins in these 2 boxes. My first 10 boxes had hundreds of marked coins in every box. Maybe I have worked my way through someone else's dumps and have now gotten to the "good stuff". Any thoughts on this? At any rate, if next weeks boxes produce similarly, I think I will up my order to 4 boxes.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: Accidental 2 boxes of halves - finally a decent score

Awesome, I am happy for you finds. Keep it up.

golden silver

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Re: Accidental 2 boxes of halves - finally a decent score

Good for you! You deserve it after all of those terrible boxes. :icon_thumright:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, just gotta keep your head up and keep hunting. Eventually you will hit a good score. Cool story, I love it when things just kinda happen like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread