How are the Pennies

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I haven't searched cents or "pennies" in a long time. I use to, but now I can't imagine how I could bear it. For me, nickels are the way to go.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a '10d cent in change a couple of weeks ago. Might have been the earliest in a given year that I found a new year's coin.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I do a few boxes now & then, it seems that I average about 10 wheat's per box, mostly 40s & 50s.
I do find alot of 60s & 70s but nothing great yet.

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Diver_Down said:
They will be much better when you learn that they are Cents. We don't have a "Penny".
Funny. It say's one cent on the coin,but if you get a box it read's on the outside $25 Pennies.It should read $25 in cents...interesting.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
RIcoinhunter said:
Diver_Down said:
They will be much better when you learn that they are Cents. We don't have a "Penny".
Funny. It say's one cent on the coin,but if you get a box it read's on the outside $25 Pennies.It should read $25 in cents...interesting.
Next time you are at the bank ask for a box of cents. The tellers will look at you like your crazy. Sounds like nitpicking, but it is what it is. Those that are adamant in referring to the denomination as a penny are being disingenuous with our nation's history. Perhaps, if the British were successful in our fight for independence, then we would indeed have a penny.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
RIcoinhunter said:
Diver_Down said:
Next time you are at the bank ask for a box of cents. The tellers will look at you like your crazy. Sounds like nitpicking, but it is what it is. Those that are adamant in referring to the denomination as a penny are being disingenuous with our nation's history. Perhaps, if the British were successful in our fight for independence, then we would indeed have a penny.

We can thank the mint for settling this dilema once and for all; they now produce "Zincolns." :laughing7:

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread