CoinStar Fees Up!!

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I search a $25 box of pennies, every week, so I don't mind using the coinstar every Saturday for that little amount. Whatever is there after fees I just put into my OTB account anyway. But I noticed on my last trip that fees have gone from 8.9c to 9.8c per $1. Anybody else seeing increases?

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use coin stars if I have to pay anything, my bank has a counter that is free for members. you should look into something like that, saves ya money

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Historyhound said:
I search a $25 box of pennies, every week, so I don't mind using the coinstar every Saturday for that little amount. Whatever is there after fees I just put into my OTB account anyway. But I noticed on my last trip that fees have gone from 8.9c to 9.8c per $1. Anybody else seeing increases?

That my friend was a slick- sneaky inversion, ain't it?

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct...very sneaky inversion.....now almost 10%.....no way i am using them again. Some companies just cant help shooting themselves in the foot. I bet if they LOWERED their fees they would end up making MORE money....

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The few banks in my little rural Arkansas area that have coin counters are free if you have an account, but charge a flat 10% to non-customers.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use coinstar, free coinstars in my Credit Union lobby. Love it because it rejects silver. Dont have to worry about missing them while rim searching.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to the Coinstar guy that services my store and he said some states are doing it and some are not.I think it might be the stores are charging them more for the space and this is how their paying for it. ???

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the free counting option recently on coinstar. They give you the money in gift certificates and such. I typically wait until there is something that I want to buy from Amazon and then take in all of my change for an e-Certificate. They wave the counting fee so the service ends up being totally free. There are other retailers that they have certificates for as well. Check their web site for the names.

My bank removed their free coin counter because it was always breaking due to the fact that there are a couple of local guys who were dumping tons of coins into it each week. :wink:

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Hi Ho Silver! said:
battlecat said:
My bank used to charge non customers but now takes everyones for free!! :headbang:

What bank would do that???? My bank is just free for customers.
Fidelity at least the one near me I noticed that there is no longer a charge for non customers. Maybe its a marketing thing to try and get you to open an account

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread