interesting article in this months lost treasure magazine

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well as i sit here reading my monthly issue of lost treasure i have run up on another article about coinroll hunting. as if there is not enough articles about it already. on page 24 there is an article titled prospecting for pennies. it tells in detail about the copper content and the profits that can be made. it also goes into detail about the ryedale. also mentions coinflation.com and the other coin roll forum realcent. it also mentioned the user names of some of the members on realcent. i hate to see articles like this but i am glad that they focused on pennies.

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
People like to talk. Some like to brag. Others like to keep low keyed. We would be better off with the low keyed from now on.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the way my silver finds have been around here i am thinking of cranking my ryedale up and doing pennies myself

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I thought of writing that article a year ago, but decided to NOT write it becuase of the competition it would bring. I guess they got someone else to write it for them. :-(

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish i could afford one of those rydales =P

My bank buys unlimited coins and allows me to pick em up casually. Needless to say id be pulling boxes as fast as the machine could take em =)

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
wonder how long it will be before somebody writes an article about us and this board in a magazine?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
wonder how long it will be before somebody writes an article about us and this board in a magazine?

Coin Talk has had articles on coin roll hunting. I saw members of the coin community forum talking about it. Trust me, this hobby isnt a secret. While I dont advocate spreading the word through articles, newspapers, ect. people out there are doing as much or more than members here on tnet are doing. I view it as get it while you can because its going to be gone soon enough.

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
silvercop said:
It has already been done. A couple years ago, in the same treasure magazine. Actually, if I am correct, I believe that the author of the article has responded to this thread. I think it mentioned LJ and some others who had spectacular finds. He got a lot of negative comments from this board that were unwarranted.
detect4au

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've toyed with the idea of doing cents. I'd really like to do a massive amount of nickels not for the silver or oldies,but for a solid box of 2009's. They are still going for good money on E-Bay. The only problem is that I would go blind looking for the old ones anyway.
HH
Rich

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
silvercop said:

and

<<It has already been done. A couple years ago, in the same treasure magazine. Actually, if I am correct, I believe that the author of the article has responded to this thread. I think it mentioned LJ and some others who had spectacular finds. He got a lot of negative comments from this board that were unwarranted>>

Yes, it already happened. And yes Bonnie (LJ) was discussed in the article, plus a few other people that were new at the time to the board. The article received a great response from the magazine and they wanted more articles on CRH. It even was on the bottom of this page for almost a YEAR, as a highlighted W&E T article for all to see. But the feedback here was terrible, and people didn't want it written because of the competition it could and possibly did cause. So the second article (about pennies and the Ryedale) was not written. And the third one, a follow up on halves, was also shelved. I truly believe that the freidnships I have developed here are worth more than an article or two that would have hurt some people here. So they were shelved.

The negative comments were much worse through PM's than the ones placed publicly on the board. LOL. But thank you detect4au for your comment. Oh, and it was Western and Eastern Treasure for that article, not Lost Treasure. Although both magazines were interested in the article.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
I've toyed with the idea of doing cents. I'd really like to do a massive amount of nickels not for the silver or oldies,but for a solid box of 2009's. They are still going for good money on E-Bay. The only problem is that I would go blind looking for the old ones anyway.
HH
Rich

At your age (remember now I'm not too far behind you), you are already half way there [blind] am sure, know I am at least 1/2 way there myself!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

At your age (remember now I'm not too far behind you), you are already half way there [blind] am sure, know I am at least 1/2 way there myself!

Blind as a bat for reading but my shooting eye is as good as it ever was :icon_cyclops_ani:

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
silvercop - can you or anyone send me that article on the pennies. Beside my daughter and i doing halves, we do dimes and pennies. Thankfully the cost of the Ryedale's are fairly high, or there would be a ton of people doing it. i am curious as to what is said in the article. we go thru upwards of 20 boxes weekly, pull the copper, then check for wheats. Since December have over 800 lbs of coppers, and 25 lbs of wheats.

Attachments

• 100_1611.JPG
    100_1611.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_1612.JPG
    100_1612.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 397
OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i would send it to you if i could but i don't have a scanner to scan the article. i also have had several pm's requesting it. one guy said in a pm that he went to the magazine's website but could not access the article for free and only could get an order form to pay for it.
the article is written by john minges if you want to try a google search on him. the article also has 5 pictures 2 of them show the ryedale.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
sure do wonder how many orders ol andy has gotten for new ryedale machines since this article came out ???

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I wonder if one day there will one day be a coin shortage like the one in Argentina. Great story if anyone reads it. People there hoard all coins. People there would rather give you extra money in paper money than in coins. They have suffered from hyperinflation.

I wonder if our debt continues to go up and of course the government not wanting to cut programs or raise taxes, we will go into inflation. It's inevitable. As soon as the economy rebounds, copper will be back up to $4.00/lb and silver back to $20/oz. Save your coins.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
SFBayArea said:
I wonder if one day there will one day be a coin shortage like the one in Argentina. Great story if anyone reads it. People there hoard all coins. People there would rather give you extra money in paper money than in coins. They have suffered from hyperinflation.

I wonder if our debt continues to go up and of course the government not wanting to cut programs or raise taxes, we will go into inflation. It's inevitable. As soon as the economy rebounds, copper will be back up to $4.00/lb and silver back to $20/oz. Save your coins.
As soon as our economy rebounds. Hope that happens within our and our children's lifetime. ffd

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:

As soon as our economy rebounds. Hope that happens within our and our children's lifetime. ffd

I seriously have my doubts about that. This is going to take multiple generation to work out if at all.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
Fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:

I seriously have my doubts about that. This is going to take multiple generation to work out if at all.
There will be no economic rebound period; what will be is a total State economy- the Gov will run everything.

Ryedale

Feb 3, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
buffhunter said:
silvercop - can you or anyone send me that article on the pennies. Beside my daughter and i doing halves, we do dimes and pennies. Thankfully the cost of the Ryedale's are fairly high, or there would be a ton of people doing it. i am curious as to what is said in the article. we go thru upwards of 20 boxes weekly, pull the copper, then check for wheats. Since December have over 800 lbs of coppers, and 25 lbs of wheats.

NICE Stack, Ryedale not responsible for broken floor or foundation. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread