this weeks 20 boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
produced 6 40% halves and that is it. i don't know how much longer i can do these large volumes for such little results. my main dump bank is still giving me problems every week. i now have to purchase the plastic bags from them at 60.00 per case and they now charge me 3.00 per bag to dump. also this week for some reason 7 of the 20 boxes were short anywhere from 1.50-3.00. so with these meager finds i am really going in the hole. not to mention the 40.00 per month i pay on the interest fees and insurance i pay on the loan that i took out to coin roll junt with. then all the work involved picking up and dumping.........just don't seem worth it

Upvote 0

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't know if i could step away. everytime i go by a bank the temptation to go in and ask would always get the best of me. i can see me cutting back some but i would still continue to do at least 6 boxes a week. i am afraid if i stop i will lose my dump bank arrangement. they have tried everything short of closing my account themselves to get rid of me.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
silvercop said:
i don't know if i could step away. everytime i go by a bank the temptation to go in and ask would always get the best of me. i can see me cutting back some but i would still continue to do at least 6 boxes a week. i am afraid if i stop i will lose my dump bank arrangement. they have tried everything short of closing my account themselves to get rid of me.
If I did it anyone can. First I started fishing around for another hobby. Then I completely stopped the road trips.
Next I stopped picking up the bags and hand rolled dimes and quarters.
After that, I went from 14 boxes a week, to eight boxes,a week.
It felt so good not having to bring back all of that coin, that I said the heck with it, and stopped altogether.
Although I can go back to it when I feel like it.
What's really tough is getting off this forum.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
my plan is to continue the volume good or bad until school is out. (my wife is a school teacher). if the finds don't increase by then i will probably cut it down by half, and take the banks money back to them and just hunt off of my funds until when and if things improve. this month has been the worst by far for me. i have done just over 20K so har this month and only have 103 40% halves so far. most of them came from doing 8K of brinks boxes and almost none have come from the 20 loomis boxes.
my theory on the loomis boxes has got to be wrong. i thought the other guy in town that was dumping 20 boxes a week on loomis was showing up in my boxes, but i would think if that were the case i would have already went through his dumps by now. he is no longer hunting i have been told.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
The free Silver supply is definitely diminishing, you know those naive who dump it. The time is coming when there is little or no more saved or inherited that will be dumped- this is why the volume is going down in my mind, the number of those who have saved them are decreasing.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of us into this hobby purely for profit, it just seems outrageous to search nickels and dimes. Talk about a money-losing situation; unless one were to invest in, say, 100 boxes a week, at one dime per box, average, you still have the searching and dumping involved. My time is way too valuble for that, and I'm not in it for profit anyway. ffd

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey SC - seems to be slowing everywhere. I think it might be time to mark up some coins and see what is up. I've never done it but at least you can see if they are fast-tracking those coins back to you and totally wasting your time.

Maine_Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i just can't figure out the brinks thing. i dump on brinks and have been getting great boxes from brinks for about 3 months now :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Haha, SC all your Brinks dumps are all headed to my bank is why....

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
maine_Jim said:
Hey SC - seems to be slowing everywhere. I think it might be time to mark up some coins and see what is up. I've never done it but at least you can see if they are fast-tracking those coins back to you and totally wasting your time.

Maine_Jim

Most of mine have been/are dumped in a neighboring Fed district, marking
em would accomplish nothing for me.

chow

Feb 25, 2010
MIDWEST
I hear you - boxes of halves have sucked lemons lately. i've been mixing it up a bit - switched to dimes, posted an ad on craig's list, took $500-1,000 and did a couple of 3-4 town road trip. this month my buddy who owns 15 car washes is letting me buy his quarters 2x month ($1,500-$2k each time). that will be interesting...

Don't give up...just mix it up. :sign13:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread