Made to feel like a criminal today...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one of my Chase branches today to cash in some dimes and the teller was a b***h again to me. This is the only teller that has a problem with me, well at least the only one that makes it known to me. She started out by saying that she isn't required to cash out this amount of coin, she is only required to deposit it. So I said to deposit it into my account and she said she would cash it just this once.

Then she went on questioning where I got it and why I always deposit so much in change there... blah, blah, blah.... and then she said that she was required to report any activity like this.

Also, the last time I went into this branch office she said that she would no longer take nickels from me.

She went on and on today about how small their vault is and how they can't have this much coin on them. (I deposited $230 in dimes, it fits into a tiny box).

She has always seemed to have an attitude problem with me ever since the first day she saw me come in, even though all of the other tellers at that branch are friendly. And then the other Chase banks in town all seem to enjoy having me come in, tell them about my finds, etc.

Anybody ever treated like this? Anyone know any rules about what we do?

I just chuckled a bunch on my way out and feel like dropping off about $100 in nickels there in the morning just to have some fun with them.

Brian

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

The bills can be doctored up. Put five minute epoxy on them without the hardener. This just makes them really sticky. Just enough of a dab to get on her hands. Instinct, is to wipe your hand on your clothes first. Wrecks a nice outfit. Then find a new bank. This is the most devious method to employ. Watch someone will think this is not nice. ;)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashleen said:
bscofield6 said:
idea on the messy $100 bills!

NO!...........
ones
1's

Haha, I meant to say 100 $1 bills, just can't type.... as for the epoxy.... i'll keep that in mind as a last resort ;) haha

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might also have to go in there right after I get done working out and playing basketball at the gym so that I am dripping in sweat. The bank is about a 2min drive from the YMCA that I work out every day. I usually drop stuff off BEFORE my workout.. hmm.... and maybe not wear deodorant before my workout either, haha.

Naw, can't do that... The branch is on a college campus and there are always cute ladies coming through there ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know IF Complaining about her attitude will do much.

I Know a Young Woman that worked at a Certain Bank Branch in my area, who was
Told she was TOO Nice to people.

She moved on to another Bank.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? I Used to take Rolls of Found coins to the banks,
? ? ? ? ? ?(They always insisted on Phone Numbers on the rolls)
? ? ? ? ? By the time I'd get home, I'd have a message from the banks,
? ? ? ? ?to come back & get my Dirty money? ;D I thought about Ignoring them
? ? ? ? ?But .....? I don't know if that would be illegal.

? ? ? ? ?One Bank told me to BUY $100.00 worth of Clean coins from them,
? ? ? ? ? ?Mix the Dirty ones in, Roll them, and Take them to a "DIFFERENT" Bank? :D

? ? ? ?one bank manager told me to bring them in and she would send them to the mint,
? ? (I went to school with her) I didn't bother tho.

? Another Told me She would get me an address & I would need to send them in myself.

A local Laundry Mat when it was open used to have a machine.
? Put 2 DIMES & a Nickel in & get a Quarter, Put a Quarter in and get 2 DIMES & a Nickel.
I used to spend time in there swapping out found coins before rolling them for the bank.

NOW I just spend them in machies at the Laundry, Car wash, Soda Machines, & one or two
in stores, when I need less then a dollar.

The rest of the? Pennies, I'll keep till, I get a 5 GALLON water Jug full, then I'll just drop
them off with the Bank where I know the Manager, & let them count them in their spare time,
and add it to my account.

? ? ?My first/last (only other) one I just dumped into a Collection (Donation) Bucket at the bank,
For Hurricane Relief, so I don't know how many pennies fit in a 5 gallon jug, BUT I can tell you,
it takes several trips, to carry them all into the bank? ;D I couldn't pick up the jug.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going threw early menopause...i don't appreciate that remark ::)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got $290 in rolled coins in my tub.... hehe....... I'm stopping by my ladies bank today on my way to the gym....

This shall be fun.

Peace

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I went into a bank lobby I thought they were going to throw me out. I wanted to buy a burger next door and all I had was a hundred dollar bill. The darn bank teller wouldn't even make change for me unless I had an account there! I was planning on opening an account for my little league team but decided to take my business elsewhere. The friendliest banks in the world are in Rochester , Minn. I was there at the Mayo Clinic with my son for some surgery and every bank in town was tickled to death to cash an out of town check for me. I have a coffee can full of dirty , corroded pennies and still wonder how I am going to get rid of them. Monty

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went in today with $250 in dimes and $40 in nickels. The 'lovely' teller was busy as usual just doing nothing at her counter. I went to the one next to her and while the girl was counting my money the other teller told her to give her my account # after I left.

I didn't say anything, though.

Any thoughts?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
bscofield6 said:
So I went in today with $250 in dimes and $40 in nickels. The 'lovely' teller was busy as usual just doing nothing at her counter. I went to the one next to her and while the girl was counting my money the other teller told her to give her my account # after I left.

I didn't say anything, though.

Any thoughts?

if it were me that would have equated to a declaration of war!! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamond Spike said:
Tell her you own an arcade and that the coins come from your machines.
{What a witch}

Diamond Spike

They already know I'm a roll searcher. But that's a valid argument if I were depositing this much change.

Or vending machines, or coin-op laundry, etc.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
bscofield6 said:
while the girl was counting my money the other teller told her to give her my account # after I lef
Any thoughts?

I would have asked her WHY she wanted my acct #???????
Keep an eye on your balances; wouldn't want a couple of 'errant' typos to wreak havoc ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now ive heard of banks that wont take your rolls unless its got you account # on it. this is how ever not the case,so what to they do with the roll thats got your # on it crack it, re count it,re roll,hopefully so my account # is floating around in some coin tray in a WENDYS in TEXAS in there safe....dude 8) write them a scathing letter then quit them....and what fed said "she want you"....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I dropped off some of my halves at another bank, where I also happened to have an account. I have been a customer of theirs (that particular branch) for about 5 years.
I asked the teller if there were any special requirements, like putting my account number on the rolls.

She said no...as long as I had an account with them I only had to turn them in. She said that the rule was in place because a teller might actually give a roll out to someone else with YOUR account number on it, and they did not want that to happen.

So for now...I am set. My regular bank will order all I want, my other even more regular bank will accept all I can give them.

But then, let's see what they say after a few months of me turning in rolls of halves haha.

I am not going to go overboard.....I can live with one $500 box per month...

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
The teller asking you questions is due to a Federal thing called "Know Your Customer." They ask the bank personnel to get snoopy when there is unusual customer activity. For example, when you normally use credit cards and checks and then out of the blue you withdraw cash, they are supposed to inquire why and what for. The goal of Know your Customer is to discover money laundering and drug activity. This was cranked up a notch after 911 and the Patriot act.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
bscofield6 .... Sorry you have such a $*)@# teller...

Someone made a nice suggestion in one of the responses...about flowers.

Go to your local grocery store, they always have some kind of flower shop there. Don't get her roses...but get her a nice little plant (for desk or something and not a cactus LOL), maybe attached a balloon to it, get a blank card and write something sweet like: Just wanted to let you know that someone thinks you're special..... Or.... Just wanted to turn your frown rightside up.... but don't make it mushy like she may think you are ... you know... hitting on her. But I think maybe, just maybe, if you show her she is appreciated and not just the TELLER....maybe she will lighten up on you. She may be going through a very rough time in her life right now. I know for the past year, caring for my mother who was sick with Lung Cancer and Hep C...I was so b0000000y....and found myself apologizing to many for my "attitude". With kids, family, work, Mom...so much going on....stress can get the best of you (and that "time of my life" does not help either LOL)

But show her abit of kindness, something out of the ordinary that she would truly not expect....and I will almost bet she will lighten up some and if she don't....call a florist and send her thorney roses without the petals without a card!!!!!!

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Just find out when she works the drive through next. You wouldn't believe the sound that 5 rolls of quarters makes when it comes through the tube system and slams down on the counter inside the bank. Like Emeral says "BAMM". It should give her a jolt. I won't tell you how I know this..... ;D

Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread