diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of you may know of my attempts at the local banks to find rolls of halves.Well today I finally got a roll.Yes that's right one single roll.Lucky for me it was a good one.Here's what I got out of it- 15 out 20 were 40% silver.I got 4-66's,5-67's,4-68's and 2-69's plus 5 other newer ones.What's that add up to? 2.2185 oz.- not bad.On a side note,I went to the local coin show that meets once a month and while there I happened to overhear a man talking about searching rolls at the bank.Then he proceeded to say that a few months ago he got 2 rolls of Eisenhower's from the teller (that is a friend of his and saves rolls for him) and when he opened them up they were both full of Morgan's and Peace dollars.Can you believe the luck?

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
What a GREAT first roll of havles to get. You did very well,congratulations! ;D Morgans and Peace dollars, two rolls of them-his friend must really be a GOOD friend to sell him those. :o

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennyworth said:
What a GREAT first roll of havles to get.? You did very well,congratulations!? ?;D? Morgans and Peace dollars, two rolls of them-his friend must really be a GOOD friend to sell him those.? :o
The friend was the teller and she didn't even look in the rolls.I heard no mention of any profits going to her,he did mention that he sold all of them.I hate dealers,especially ones that get tellers to save rolls for them!-LOL :) :) ;)-have a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread