Coin hunting trip planned..............

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
My kids have really got into this whole roll searching thing. They are eagerly waiting at the door when I get home every Friday with a big bag of rolls. The more I bring, the more it fuels their fire for it. So we have decided to do a coin roll hunting trip. We bought a state map, and marked every town that has a Wells Fargo bank in it ,this is my bank where I dump my already searched rolls. We will go to the town, buy rolls at other banks, search them, and dump them at Wells Fargo in that town, and then move onto the next town on the map. They want to make an over night trip out of it, which means it will be on weekdays. I think spring break will be the likely time to do this because the banks will be open, they are out of school, and I will take a few vacation days. I think it will be interesting to see what we come up with.............that's a whole lot of banks, and a whole lot of rolls! My kids enjoy it, and I enjoy the time with them. They have a decent pile of silver quarters from their business I helped them start a few months ago. I bought them a Pepsi machine, and set it up at one of the properties near home. I make the do all of the work, but I drive to buy more Pepsi, and help them with the paper work. They almost have enough to buy a second machine. I have seen more silver quarters come out of that machine than I have ever seen come from bank rolls. Oddly, no silver dimes have come through yet.

Paul

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sounds like a fun trip,the kids will have a great time and so will you. :) The Pepsi machine is a novel approach to finding silver and making money at the same time. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread