waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got home Saturday from our MD club hunt and my wife tells me that Sxxxx from the bank called to tell me she had 34 large dollars for me. Knowing my regular schedule and also knowing they were probably just Ikes she told Sxxxx that I would be by Tuesday on my regular schedule. Then she said a few moments later Axx called to say that one of those dollars was funny looking and had E PLURIBIS UNUM in large letters across the top. That got my attention so I said lets take a ride. We got to the bank went to Sxxxx window to purchase the dollars. She says one is funny looking. I open the envelope she has put them all in and sure enough there is a 1902 Morgan staring back at me. It had been polished up a bit but was still awful pretty. I've been carrying it in my pocket to get the shine off of it and make it seem a bit more natural looking.

Then today I'm making my rounds and I was showing the 1902 to one of the tellers at another branch for a bit of show and tell. He leans over to the next teller and says don't you have some large dollar coins for Lloyd. She says yes I have 7 of them. So she opens up the envelope where she has them stored and I immediately see 2 silver edges among the 7 coins. They were a 1971S and a 1972S 40% ikes. I was absolutely amazed.

Pics are below

thanks for looking

Attachments

• 1902 morgan.JPG
    1902 morgan.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 1971S Ike.JPG
    1971S Ike.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 1972S Ike.JPG
    1972S Ike.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 360