What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

benthecoinguy

Jul 9, 2005
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

I've found 45 silver dimes in one roll and one time I found a roll completly filled with 1961 canadian nickels . I aso found 4 rolls completly filled with pre-1960 nickels.
HH
benthecoinguy

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

I found a whole roll once of 1943 copper wheats...oh wait, was that a dream? hmm...maybe it wasn't real... ;)

F

fatewineroses

I'm not really a collector or treasure hunter, but I opened up a roll of quarters this morning to give my daughter some lunch money (no cash in the wallet!) and found a full roll of silver quarters dating from 1935 to 1964! I've never collected coins so I'm doing some research so I can sell them.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A few years ago, I went to the bank to purchase four rolls of halves to use in a coin hunt.
The teller handed me two rolls, and said she she would be right back. She went into another room and brought out the other two rolls. After getting home, I discovered the other two rolls she got for me were all 90% silver including a few Franklin's and Walking Liberties.

D

DigginDiva

Did you put those in the coin hunt? :D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As a mater of fact, I did. It was considered my contribution to the coin hunt.
All the contestants got the benefit.

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

Well BK, I sure hope you went back and made sure you cleaned out that bank! :)

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006

I bought 50 rolls today and the first 49 had a total of 6 Silver (4 x 40% 2 x 90%). I opened the last roll and it was entirely 1964 Kennedys in great shape! These look like they have been in that roll a long time!

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI

It's only thanks to the fine folks in this group that I have just recently started roll hunting... so far, the only goodies found was a whole roll of 1939-1956 nickels, but struck out on war nicks or any key dates. I mentioned to my wife that I had some rolled coins that I had looked through and to feel free to use, only to find out that SHE has been doing it for years, but hadn't told me! She has over $100 in rolled quarters, mostly new (and I mean brand-spanking new uncirculated) 50 states quarters that she has been saving. I'm falling in love all over again.....
HH!!
Bob

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Sounds like she's a keeper............................Walled Lake? I use to work in Walled lake , on Goldie St. at Kraftwood Engineering.

Paul

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just the other day I got a roll of silver halves. Most of them were 40%, but there were a few 64's and a 1962 D Franklin half.

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA

CHAINCHOMP said:
I don't get it. Do you get joy out of bumping old posts? :icon_scratch: The reason why threads die off is because they aren't of interest to people, so naturally, less responses.

Just curious :laughing7:

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009

10 rolls of dimes (2/3 rosies 1/3 mercs), 2 rolls of quarters (5 mooseheads mixed in), 3 halves (one roll of mixed walker/bens) all from the same bank. One of the rolls of halves said "1964 silver" right on it. ::)

That bank is dry now. :icon_thumleft:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Over a years time we have found at least 70 Solid rolls of %40's. Never found any Solid rolls of %90's, yet.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Full roll of

Mercs
war nickels
pre-60 nickels
wheat pennies
copper pennies
canadian nickels

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions