Selling silver coins...

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
As previously posted I'm in the process of offloading some of my 40% coins. I've gotten a few offers on here, but a strikingly good deal from a guy of Craigslist. Although I'm always hesitant to do business with someone on craigslist, I was surprised to see the variant multipliers on his offers. See below.

He offered...

Wheats - $.05
Nickels - $.25
Dimes - $.40
Quarters - $.75
40% halves - $2.50
90% halves - $4.75
Silv Doll / Liberties - $8

Still dumbfounded on the 40% halves. I think I'll try a smaller transaction and if everything is good go for the Gold!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Phrostie,
I think the price for the 40%ers is good, but don't sell your 90%ers yet. Silver is going up and if you don't need the money, hang onto the 90%ers. Dimes and quarters too!
Just my opinion,
rileyboy

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
phrostie said:
As previously posted I'm in the process of offloading some of my 40% coins. I've gotten a few offers on here, but a strikingly good deal from a guy of Craigslist. Although I'm always hesitant to do business with someone on craigslist, I was surprised to see the variant multipliers on his offers. See below.

He offered...

Wheats - $.05
Nickels - $.25
Dimes - $.40
Quarters - $.75
40% halves - $2.50
90% halves - $4.75
Silv Doll / Liberties - $8

Still dumbfounded on the 40% halves. I think I'll try a smaller transaction and if everything is good go for the Gold!

The price on wheats is pretty good. the price on nickels? WHich nickels. Hopefully not war nickels, as that is cheap. Dimes and quarters are terrible bids. You should be getting about 11 times (Or maybe more) on your 90% silver coins. So dimes should be about $1.10 and quarters about $2.75. At least on 90% halves he is closer, at $4.75, which is almost 10 times face. But quartes and dimes are terrible.

If you need to sell your silver quarters and dimes that badly, I'll take them at that low price! Not that I would recoment you sell them to ANYONE at that low level. You would be losing out.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
What is a "liberty" that he has listed next to silver dollar?

He is making an awesome profit on dimes, quarters and 90% halves.

For every 10 negative responses, he might get a positive one. Can you imagine buying a huge hoard of silver dimes at 40 cents each or silver quarters at 75 cents? I would do that all day if I could.

Jim

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:

For every 10 negative responses, he might get a positive one. Can you imagine buying a huge hoard of silver dimes at 40 cents each or silver quarters at 75 cents.

Jim

Tell me about it. I'd buy quarters at 75 cents all day long! Heck, I'd buy quarters at $2 each all day long!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
As for Liberty Halves most of those I have are so worn doubt seriously that 3 of them make an ounce, at 4.75 each right now that is not bad for them.

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Yes a liberty round (1 AG oz).

Correct, I'm not dumb enough to sell for that low of a price on all 90%s. However, as of the current spot price I'd sell wheat pennies and 40%'s to the guy all day. I'll have to see how it works out.

~phrostie

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Today (Tue), silver is at $18.02/oz making 90% U S silver coins worth 13 X their face value....10c = $1.30, 25c = $3.25, etc. Most coin dealers will pay at least 11 X face value. And the lowly war nickel? Worth $1.01 at today's price, but a fair price to sell would be around 30c ea.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Sell him your 1940-1950's wheats and the 40%ers. Hang on to the rest. I sold a half dozen war nickels last week at .50 each, to a dealer and they were in BAD shape.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Goose-0 said:
Today (Tue), silver is at $18.02/oz making 90% U S silver coins worth 13 X their face value....10c = $1.30, 25c = $3.25, etc. Most coin dealers will pay at least 11 X face value. And the lowly war nickel? Worth $1.01 at today's price, but a fair price to sell would be around 30c ea.

Do you have any war nickels you'd be willing to sell at $0.30 each? :-)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jim4silver said:

For every 10 negative responses, he might get a positive one. Can you imagine buying a huge hoard of silver dimes at 40 cents each or silver quarters at 75 cents? I would do that all day if I could.

Jim
Sounds like you know my local dealer, LOL! ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread