$400 in halves today and...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got NOTHING!

I dropped $250 in halves off at the teller with an attitude. The teller that I walked up to had to go ask the lady that hates me if she could take my money to deposit. Then I asked her why she had a problem with what I was doing... She is an assistant manager there by the way... She said that a normal person would not be depositing this much coin. I then asked if she thought I wasn't normal... haha, the look on her face was priceless... she backtracked a bit then stated that she would never judge if I were normal or not as a person. I was chuckling during that. She then went on and on about how business have to pay to get coins out of the bank... blah blah.... I've never heard of such a thing, but that's just me...

I just wish I had more change on me to drop off their tomorrow... I dropped the $400 in halves off at another branch on the way to class... oh well....

At least I got a few chuckles out of today.. and a couple of their business cards as well in case I need them ;)

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine the behind-the-scenes discussions about you at that bank Brian ("I hope he doesn't come to my window next time!"). You can bet that at the first sign of an attitude from you they're gonna put the kabosh on your activities. Good thing you're being friendly about it...for now! :D Pour on the charm!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, yesterday she was nicer than normal... it might have been because I was wearing my pimp clothes that the ladies usually like when I wear, haha.

But it certainly is fun to be overly nice to people no matter how they are treating you... They just never know how to respond to someone when they are being rude and the person they are being rude to has a smile on their face... it just irritates them like no other.

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
I went to a bank in my town today and asked if they had any rolls of half dollars and got the same look from the teller. may be they teach that look at bank teller school hh

bwilly36

Apr 1, 2005
Marion, IA
In my past life, I was a manager at a small branch of a bank locally & I used to love it when people would bring in their "change jars" to redeem it for cash...easy pickin's! Just run it through the machine, making sure to watch for wheaties and the silver (they always seem to look a little different than clad) and then once they were gone from the counter, run back & check the magnet for the goodies. I used to find all kinds of foreign coins and steel pennies...the occasional wheatie, kennedy halves.

Hey, what they don't know, they don't know...

bwilly36

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to have some fun the next time I get a check to cash. I will go into the branch that has the tellers that hate me. When I go in I will be holding two nickel boxes that are both empty, but pretend to be struggling to carry them. Then when I get to the counter I will ask them to throw them away for me and hand them the check....

Hopefully I can get a chuckle from it... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions