The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
reached one branch the end of '08 but they needed to get out of the half dollar business, they were getting in 20 boxes every Mon, Wed, Fri and I could only get 4 at a time. Stupid competition was taking boxes out to the parking lot, searching and coming right back in to dump- major hassel for the vault ladies. HH Mark

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tri city national bank SE Wisconsin 11 cents per roll.

Stay out!!! :tongue3:

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I do about 1 box of halves a month at a number of different banks, no fees yet. I also do pennies , dimes and nickels.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 do 1-2 boxes per month.....through a different bank of course

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank orders from WF. No fees yet, but I only order one box per week. Thinking about jumping to 3, and will see if the tellers say otherwise.

apush :read2:

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
It looks like fees will be coming from all banks soon. I just got forwarned from Pennstar today. I hope I'm wrong.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that will be the way all the banks get rid of us. one of my dump banks charges me 3.00 per bag to dump and i have to purchase the bags too. would hate to get a fee on the supply end too, but it is probably coming

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
No fees for me, and they even offer to carry the boxes to my car ! I counter with" What are you saying I'm too old to carry these boxes out? I'll carry you and the boxes out ! :laughing7:
HH
Rich

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Ya! >:( I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area, and my Wells Fargo is now charging $7.50 on my box's of halves too. But, they only do it with halves since otherwise it would screw with businesses that needed them to use to give out change, so just buy box's of halves from other banks, that don't charge, and buy boxes of other coin from them to search. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: (cents, nickels, dimes, quarters...etc.)

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I get most of my boxes from WF (pennies to HD). They have never charged me a fee. I have my personal and corporate accounts there and always go through the branch manager.

Bmaintz

Apr 10, 2003
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Teknetics EuroPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a box of halves from Wells Fargo 2 weeks ago, said they would call me, never did..??
They have a free coin counter in their Littleton branch so that's my dumping bank for now...
I opened an account with Chase in Littleton, already got one box of halves from them & I get a fresh box every Tuesday afternoon... NO charge so far... :hello2:
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions