mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening all. Just thought i'd post the results of my last 4 brinks boxes not because of the results but when the 2 keepers turned up.
Picked up 3 of my 4 Brinks boxes this past Tuesday, opened the 1st box. Very 1st roll had a 40%er in it. Thought to myself that i wouldn't find anymore and was right, the next 149 rolls had no silver at all.
Picked up the last box today. Started pulling the rolls out of the box and going thru them at random finding absolutely nothing. Came down to the last roll and was ready to chalk up another skunk. And there was the silver edge of a Ben, a 1961, the year i was born.
Only silver in all 4 boxes was in the very 1st and very last roll and nothing for 198 rolls in between. Strange, huh? Thanks for reading, have a good one everyone. MM2

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about the odds, but it does seem a tad strange that the first and last rolls of your boxes produced silver. Bet the last one was a good feeling.

apush :read2:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - I don't know how many times I would only get 1 silver from either my 1st or last roll. It was wierd, sometimes I would do the box one row at a time but it also happened to me when I randomly picked a roll too. I always got a laugh out of it though... :'( :tongue3:

Its also happened to me a lot while metal detecting, either I find 1 silver within the first 5 min or right at the end of a 5+ hour hunt. :BangHead:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I have had 1 silver in either the first or last roll of a box before but book ends like that is astounding.

Mojo

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Happens to me with bank stops during the day. When I posted my "BINGO" thread last week, I had gone to about twelve banks in the area and didn'y score a silver half. Before heading home, I decided to make one more stop and that's when I got the score! You never know.
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread