Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
Not to sound dumb but what am i looking at and more importantly how do i spot it
The A and M have the same separation as the rest of the letters in America. Starting in 1993 the A and M are touching or almost touching. Nice find! I still have only one.
HH
enamel7

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Did you post it yet? I may be interested and we can save the 12% eBay fee.

PM me if I caught you in time.

JasonB

Oh, and Congrats :) Great find. I found one this month also. Any idea of the total population of these?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!

This post got me to go back and search through about $50 worth of zincolns that I hadn't date checked. I found a 1998 wide AM. Unfortunately, no 1992's or 1999's in the bunch. I usually never date check my zinc pennies. I sort out the copper ones and then further sort out the wheats. The only pennies I check dates on are the wheats.

I guess I'm going to have to start date checking them all thanks to you. ;D

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
mts said:
Congrats!

This post got me to go back and search through about $50 worth of zincolns that I hadn't date checked. I found a 1998 wide AM. Unfortunately, no 1992's or 1999's in the bunch. I usually never date check my zinc pennies. I sort out the copper ones and then further sort out the wheats. The only pennies I check dates on are the wheats.

Here's another rare Zincoln worth looking for. 1988 reverse of 1989, both P and D. They are apparently more rare than 1999 Wide AM, with the D being the rarer of the two. I have found 1 P and no D's.
http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Featured/1988RDV6.html

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historyhound said:
mts said:
Congrats!

Here's another rare Zincoln worth looking for. 1988 reverse of 1989, both P and D. They are apparently more rare than 1999 Wide AM, with the D being the rarer of the two. I have found 1 P and no D's.

Very interesting. I'll add it to my list of things to look for. How many pennies do you think you've searched in order to find 3 1999 wide AM's?

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
mts said:
Historyhound said:
mts said:
Congrats!

Very interesting. I'll add it to my list of things to look for. How many pennies do you think you've searched in order to find 3 1999 wide AM's?

Well, I found the first 2 in the same box. I had searched ALOT before those, and have gone through about 90,000+ before finding the 3rd one. It was long and tedious because I look for numerous other varieties as well. A $25 box usually takes me about 4 hours or so. If you look at it timewise, it was about 144 hours of searching between the 2 discoveries.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's a lot of pennies. Thanks for the info. I'd love to be able to spend that much time searching for all of the different varieties. But I just don't think I've got it in me. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread