Selling coins to pawn shop..how much should i get??!

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
I am selling 2 morgan dollars in good cond, 1 1902 half dollar with heavy wear..43 buffalo nickles in avg cirulated cond, 20 war nickles in avg circ condition, as well as 10 indian head cents in good cond. What would I expect to get? I have an idea..I am just looking for opinions. There are no key dates..just your common dates..thanks for any and all input!! SM

Upvote 0

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
I am not sure on the value, although I wouldn't sell them to a pawn shop unless you need the money fast. They will probably not even give you close to what they are worth because they have to make money as well. You will probably get more money selling them on craigslist or tnet to a collector. Just my opinion though. Good luck SE

OP
OP
S

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
Haha alright..anyone interested?! I dont have pictures though. My camera is broken. I do not need the money fast. I do need the cash though. Maybe I can borrow my friends camera if anyone wants a picture..thanks

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll guess they offer about $38

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
SM,
I wouldn't sell them at all. Same them for your kids, because you aren't going to get much money for them anyway. THEY ARE HISTORY! Just my two cents.
rileyboy

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without the buffs id assume $65 from a collector.....40 from a pawn shop with the buffs

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
sathmcnugent said:
I am selling 2 morgan dollars in good cond, 1 1902 half dollar with heavy wear..43 buffalo nickles in avg cirulated cond, 20 war nickles in avg circ condition, as well as 10 indian head cents in good cond. What would I expect to get? I have an idea..I am just looking for opinions. There are no key dates..just your common dates..thanks for any and all input!! SM
I'd say ...

$22 for the morgans (worth more, but a guess on a PAWM shop buying them), $5 on the half, 43 X .20 on the buffs, for $8.60, 20 X .45 on the war nickels for $9, and 10 X .50 on the IHs for $5.

Grand total $50 for the lot. How close am I?

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010
i'd have to ditto from a comment above: craigslist.com would be a better way for quick / easy money vs. a pawn shop

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Kauka said:
i'd have to ditto from a comment above: craigslist.com would be a better way for quick / easy money vs. a pawn shop
I've always wanted to try Craigslist, but the idea of a stranger meeting up with you, and you're carrying silver and/or cash, or meeting at my home, it just bothers me a bit.

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whenever I meet people to buy Silver and gold,I ask them where they would feel most comfortable.The local coffe shop is a favorite.Lots of people around so both myself and people I buy from ,feel safer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread