Shes Interested ?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
She's Interested ?

My wife does not have any interest in CRH. Today she surprised me when she was on her lunch break by saying "I'll bet you miss a lot of just checking the edges,and started checking out my dump coins.
I was shocked :icon_scratch:. I had to check her pulse to make sure that she was alright.
She spent her entire lunch break checking out the coins.
I may have a CRH partner someday :hello2:
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Re: She's Interested ?

Very good!
My wife got very interested the first time I cashed in 2000 - 40%rs.
She picks up my boxes & helps me search - I do all the returns.

BTW- Why is she working while you slack off?

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010

Man, that is just awesome.
My wifey is a huge nay-sayer right now.
I need to work harder to convince.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well? How many did you miss? ???

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

My wife has no interest at all in my hobbies. I can't get her to help me and she gets upset if I ask if I can make a quick stop.

I can't hold her interest long enough to show her stuff I find that's significant.

Funny thing is, about 2 years ago she was growing impatient because we were going to go out to dinner, and shes like "are you ready?"..... No... I got half a box to go but if you help me we can knock it out in 5 min. So she sits down and grabs a roll rips it open and finds a 1938D Walking Liberty! The only one I have ever found! But she sits down 1 time and steals my thunder...... lol

Mojo

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!

Very cool. My wife will on occasion sit down with me and go through pennies and such looking for wheats. She has little interest other than knowing I enjoy it...So being the great wife that she is she will occasionally CRH with me. Sounds like your wife is much the same Rich.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Rich. My wife helped with the first box I ever got and hasnt helped since. She just rolls her eyes every time I lug in more coins. When I find something neat and show her she always acts interested to entertain me.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

My wife has absolutely no interest in my coin hobby or my CRHing. Therefore, everything I find I call
"she money". Translated it means, "MONEY SHE DON'T KNOW ABOUT!" Gotta love it!
rileyboy

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

My Wife went with me on all my road trips the first year and put up with me stopping at every bank I saw. After that she got pretty tired of it and wanted me to quit. Once the silver slowed down she gave up. Every once and a while she will open up some rolls if some silver is showing on the ends. She keeps asking me when I am going to sell. The truth is I don't really know.

Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

my wife has no interest in roll searching. she does however look through her change for wheats and silver. she even grabbed a silver dime from my daughter as she was using it to pay for something at the store. she spotted it and said "wait i think that ones silver" and switched it out.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

My wife took her 2 months to get her started but she does do 6 Boxes week though suspect she if I were not pushing her to do it would not; she still has this idea that it is NOT real money, tells me she has no idea how to sell the stuff despite my telling her how easy it is if one applies themselves to it and how much have made selling, so far just our %40's.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

obediah said:
My wife took her 2 months to get her started but she does do 6 Boxes week though suspect she if I were not pushing her to do it would not; she still has this idea that it is NOT real money, tells me she has no idea how to sell the stuff despite my telling her how easy it is if one applies themselves to it and how much have made selling, so far just our %40's.

If I recall correctly? Your wife has had some major Dream Boxes fall in her lap, so it would be hard to believe that she could lose interest unless she runs across a streak of skunks but from the sounds of it you guy's make a pretty good team.

Mojo

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

My wife has no interest in the hobby, but my girlfriend loves searching coin.

just kidding, of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread