Handrolled ???

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
Ok, how do you get handrolled? Maybe it's just my bank but mine always come in a box and don't appeared to be hand rolled but I have still been finding decent amounts of silver in them; for example my last box of dimes had 6 silver and 1 of those being a merc. Maybe the boxes are handrolled, but I don't think so because all the rolls are extremely tight and I don't think I could do one roll like that let alone 50 rolls.

Upvote 0

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Handrolls are loose. You walk in and ask for handrolled dimes. The ones people roll at home and take in to change for bills. If you order a box they are rolled at the FED.

OP
OP
rwb83

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
kd5txx said:
Handrolls are loose. You walk in and ask for handrolled dimes. The ones people roll at home and take in to change for bills. If you order a box they are rolled at the FED.

Ahhh so more than likely I will not see those at my bank as my bank wont take rolled coins and will ask the customer to unroll them so they can poor them into the coin counter behind the desk.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwb83 said:
kd5txx said:

Ahhh so more than likely I will not see those at my bank as my bank wont take rolled coins and will ask the customer to unroll them so they can poor them into the coin counter behind the desk.

Yep. You'll need to go to a bank that does not have a coin counter.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
You will also have to deal with what i call b-list idiots. When you get a teller who doesnt know what hand rolled means and you explain "coins rolled by hand" or "coins rolled and brought in by customers" and they either try to give you empty wrappers ,fed rolled or still say " i dont understand". At that point depending on where i am i either give up or start going through the motions of putting coins in an empty wrapper and trying to expain it .

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
quiksilver said:
You will also have to deal with what i call b-list idiots. When you get a teller who doesnt know what hand rolled means and you explain "coins rolled by hand" or "coins rolled and brought in by customers" and they either try to give you empty wrappers ,fed rolled or still say " i dont understand". At that point depending on where i am i either give up or start going through the motions of putting coins in an empty wrapper and trying to expain it .
Reminds my of the time I asked a teller for a box of dimes. She returned with a box and "tossed" it to me, said "that will be $5 pleeeez". It was a box of dime wrappers!

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
I do alot of handrolled and they are pretty easy to find. There are many large bank chains such as Chase (WAMU) and Wells Fargo that have given me nothing but handrolled. You will know in a few weeks whether or not you will like them over boxes as there are many ups and downs to both methods. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
rwb83

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
silvereagle78 said:
I do alot of handrolled and they are pretty easy to find. There are many large bank chains such as Chase (WAMU) and Wells Fargo that have given me nothing but handrolled. You will know in a few weeks whether or not you will like them over boxes as there are many ups and downs to both methods. :thumbsup:

Thanks...We have a Chase in our town I'll see if they have handrolled and give it a try if they have them.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
You have a bank in your town that you don't hit on a regular basis? There isn't a bank within 20 miles of me that I don't hit several times a year.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I simply ask tellers for coins that are brought in by customers.
apush :read2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
quiksilver said:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: I have had that happen to me so many times.
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread