new jersey
38 silver coins total.

10 1964
1 1965
3 1966
9 1967
10 1968
5 1969

not too bad. I just ordered another $2000 worth of halves. The tellers at Commerce bank are the best!!!! Have them in 2 - 3 days max. Bring them back to another branch. Went there tonight (open til 7pm) and spent 25 minutes with the coin machine. The bags that collect the coins only hold $100 in halves each and then need to be changed. The teller was with me the whole time to unload the bags. She also gave me all the foriegn coins stuck to the magnet. About $4.00 in canadian and 2 euros. Not a bad night.

Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
$2000 at one time huh...that's certainly more than my budget can afford! :) Great job on your finds and the awesome bank! :D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do they order these from? I've always been told by banks that they can't order coins, but maybe that's just for me?!? haha

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew, I just realized that's 100 lbs. of heavy metal! Hope your car has good shocks! ;D Good thing you found some silver. Getting blanked on that much would be very discouraging! Speaking of striking out, that's what happened with my $100 in halves today. Ah well...

OP
OP
jersey junkie

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
Banks can order any form of circulated cash, in any amount.

They come from a company that counts and rolls coins. The name escapes me. CDC or somthing from Harrisburg PA.

I have no problems with Commerce bank in NJ. Yes this is an advertisment because they deserve it. The only bad thing about them is that they do not accept rolled coins. They make people unroll them and send them through the coin counting machine. The machine is free but it eats all the good coins. They will not sell me those coins either. I have asked several branches. Too bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread