timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 500 in dimes I got a few days ago, and I was wondering how you guys dump them?? I got a bunch of the clear wrapped ones, so I could see the silver and Canadian dimes. I didn't have to open more than 12 rolls to get what I wanted. I was planning on just dumping them back in the boxes, I don't really want to fill up the coin machine with these if I don't have to. Just curious how you guys dump them, this is my first big dime search.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are clear sealed rolls, your bank should take them back just fine.(I assume you have an account). Whatever you have opened,just dump away. The next guy gets to look through them,not you. JP

Most coin counting machines will hold 10,000 dimes.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not advise taking them back where you bought them from if they are still rolled. Another branch of same bank would be ok. I have dumped entire boxes of clear wrapped still in rolls, because I never score anything from them.
My CU took $500 bags from me, but they prefer that I remove the wrapper first and dump loose. Their policy is (except for me) that they only accept rolled coin, but then they have to unwrap before shipping out. Another bank I deal with ships out hand-rolled (dimes) in $500 bags. Both bags end up at the same facility. No rhyme or reason. ffd

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my tiny CU's has a wonderful coin counter. I've been using it lately, man it's fast, dumping no more than $500 increments. If I am shorted, (dimes counted as cents), I bring it to their attention and the credit my account later. ffd

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't dump at the bank I bought from, I never do. It's improper coin roll hunting procedure if you ask me. I'll just dump them off at one of my normal dump banks. I was just wondering if banks would take such a high number of dimes.
thanks guys

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
your results?

i would try to take them when you go shopping and ask manager if he needs a lot of dimes for bills. i work retail so i just dump them this way, kinda weird for you to do a lot though i suppose. but would just take them to a bank you don't go to often and be like i thought i needed them but i don't anymore

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I dump my dimes and cents at a low volume branch near my supply. They know what I do, and welcome it. They save money by not having to order coin. I hunt enough to keep enough supply on hand for them. They haven't ordered cents or dimes since I started dumping on them. They love it.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
results were already posted earlier in the week, but I found 2 rosies, 10 canadians

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
My bank wont even take the "Factory sealed" clear rolled dimes. They want them loose so they can poor them in their coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread