nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this board last night and hit two banks today. I got
20 rolls pennies, 20 rolls nickels, 10 rolls of dimes and 10 rolls of quarters.

Neither of the banks I went to had any rolled half dollars. I ended up with 4 loose halves. Id really like to mainly search halves but not sure they will be found around here. I asked if they could be ordered and both tellers looked at me like I was stupid. Oh well.

And the take from my first venture into this was

1939 nickel (awesome shape)
1957 nickel
(2)1958 nickel
and a
1964 silver dime (dimes are hard to date search being so small, although after finding the silver dime I realized you can just look at the edges of a stack and see if there are any silvers in them.

not a single wheat penny out of 20 rolls, maybe next time. Nothing exciting in the quarters but did find a 1983 D with the fattest date font Ive ever seen on a coin. Maybe all 83's are like this? Probably.

Well, Ill be hitting a few different banks around here on monday. Maybe Ill find one that has or can get halves. Although, now I have big piles of change laying around. Suppose I have to roll all this back up before cashing back in right? That should be fun ;)

Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Good job on your finds! With nickels, 1967 and before have the mintmark on the back, to the right of the monticello. Check that 1939. There's a very slim chance it could be a S or a D...if it is it's one of the rarer ones, so you never know... Keep it up! :D

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver dime Nathan. No wheats out of $10 is a bummer, and also unusual. You'll have better luck in the future.

Hit those banks!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Also check that '39 for doubling on the back. "Monticello" and "Five Cents" will look like they're double stamped. If so, thats one heck of a nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread