Haircut ?

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
My wife dumping at a TD brought back from the reject tray 2 extremely worn barber dimes and barber 2 quarters.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
quiksilver said:
My wife dumping at a TD brought back from the reject tray 2 extremely worn barber dimes and barber 2 quarters.

I've got to start checking those coin star machines...I've heard alot of stories about silver in the reject trays.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Rich,
Last week, after going through several skunks I get to the second to the last roll of the last box and as I open the roll about three coins down I see that really worn edge and start chuckling to myself. Sure enough, a 1906d! That's what makes this hobby so much fun and addicting, you just never know what's next. The night went from abunch of junk to a treasure in a split second.

silvrdog

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2010
Wren, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez
Rich Hartford said:
Anyone find a Barber dime or half this year? I haven't,just wondering.
HH
Rich
Just got back from Iraq in March. Bought two boxes of halves to get back in practice. Found two Barber halves (1895 and 1901.)
Out of three hand rolled dimes found one Barber. Picking up two more boxes of halves today. Wish me luck..

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Dang guys!!! The oldest Half I found was a 42 Walker, and the oldest dime was a 42 Merc.....Not sure what's up with 1942's, but I will take them any day!! On the other hand I did find a 1910 V nickel last year, but no old silver.

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
I've got to start checking those coin star machines...I've heard alot of stories about silver in the reject trays.
I've found 2 silver Rosies over the past 2 weeks in the Coinstar reject tray. Funny thing is the tray was empty before I started using the machine, but as soon as it rejected one of my halves the Rosie was there. I've noticed that some of the lighter coins can get stuck on the cushion behind the metal lip in the reject tray, so always "feel up" the reject tray so to speak. ;D

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Not yet on a Half. But strange enough got a barber Dime from a Nickle bag a month or so ago.

Mojo

P.S. What if we only cut our hair when we find a Barber? Mine would be down to my shoulder by now. It;s been around a year since my last Barber Half.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
50centman said:
Rich,
Last week, after going through several skunks I get to the second to the last roll of the last box and as I open the roll about three coins down I see that really worn edge and start chuckling to myself. Sure enough, a 1906d! That's what makes this hobby so much fun and addicting, you just never know what's next. The night went from abunch of junk to a treasure in a split second.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
silvrdog said:
Rich Hartford said:
Anyone find a Barber dime or half this year? I haven't,just wondering.
HH
Rich
Just got back from Iraq in March. Bought two boxes of halves to get back in practice. Found two Barber halves (1895 and 1901.)
Out of three hand rolled dimes found one Barber. Picking up two more boxes of halves today. Wish me luck..

Two in two boxes ! That's great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Good luck on your next 2
HH
Rich

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
coinmojo said:
Not yet on a Half. But strange enough got a barber Dime from a Nickle bag a month or so ago.

Mojo

P.S. What if we only cut our hair when we find a Barber? Mine would be down to my shoulder by now. It;s been around a year since my last Barber Half.

I'd look like ZZ top

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Two Barber dimes and one Barber half LAST YEAR. But nothing so far this year. Lord knows I am hitting the dimes really hard too.

I will keep trying.

Just hoping for a merc this week. Have already done over 1k in hand rolled.

OWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread