Weird week but no complaints.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Been hitting the dimes hard and heavy to keep the skunks at bay on the halves. Figured if i find some silver dimes the silver gods will smile back on my halves right? Well, so far 5 roos this month with 3 boxes to go. That means im averaging less than 1 roo per 5 boxes this month. Yucky. But the halves have been better so im giving the few roos the credit. Up to 70 x 40% and the "weird part" of this month. The vast majority of these are 1965s. Havent found but 1 all year, now about 45 this week from many different sources.

Goodluck all.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
The 65's are tough to get. I find when I do get them,for the most part they are in great shape.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Most them are in really great shape Rich. Id trade them in a heart beat for your ugliest 64s though . :wink:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Be sure to double check the 65's weight. 65's didn't begin minting until mid-year. There was so much demand for the 64's that they were continually minted through mid-way of 1965. Consequently, some of the 65's were struck on 90% planchets. They can be discerned by weight.

I'll take a 90% 65 over a 90% 64 anyday.

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ive heard that before as well but thought the 65 on 90 percent silver were incredibly rare though. Ill have to look up the weights though. Ive got one of those machines that can differentiate by the gram if there is at least a difference of a gram of weight between them. Of course, general wear on a coin might can make a weight difference as well.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
JD-GA said:
Ive heard that before as well but thought the 65 on 90 percent silver were incredibly rare though. Ill have to look up the weights though. Ive got one of those machines that can differentiate by the gram if there is at least a difference of a gram of weight between them. Of course, general wear on a coin might can make a weight difference as well.

They are very rare, but you never know. I never sell 65's for that reason until I have the time to weigh them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread