Full $500 Box of Kansas State Quarters

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Jason,
I have no idea what the quarters are worth. You might want to try selling the dimes by the roll.You might make double of what you got for the last box.
HH
Rich

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Kansas P or D? The second best error coin out there is on the kansas P coin. If it is all P's, you might want to break them open and check them. :-)

It says "In God we rust" instead of "trust" on some Kansas P coins. It is a grease mark that obliterated the T in trust. But very significant because of where it is, and second best state quarter error after the Wisconsin leaf error (done on purpose by someone in Denver)

Anyway, if you get a "rust" quarter, that is worth some bucks. And being new like it is, it could be worh even more. :-)

FYI

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I always thought that it might be...... I mean how does something get added to, if not on purpose. If both mints had two leaves on that side and then some were coined with only one, from one mint or the other, I could see how that could happen.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Ju8vP3t said:
The Wisconsin Leaf "error" was deliberate?

Yes, they determined that an employee at the Denver mint carved in that extra leaf. they caught it fairly quickly, but obviously there are still quite a few out there. I've found one lower leaf error so far, and kept it. A trophy from CRH. :-)

they never found out WHO that employee was though. Maybe he will duplicate his work in the future on some other coin. :-)

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
hehehe, i wonder if he snatched some b4 the were wrapped & distributed, otherwise he has to pay a butt-load for his own master piece! :laughing9: good luck on the quarters!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread