Re: The Best $30 I've Ever Spent

I think you ripped her off. Unless she was a bank teller
HH
Rich

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida

Seeing you got over $100 in silver for $30, I think you did pretty good. You shoulda paid more to your friend and still made a bundle.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Come on, don't take advantage of a friend. You should have offered at least 10 x f.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Here we go again. :happy1:

My view, is that if it was a true "friend" I would have paid them more. If it was just an "acquaintance", I say well done.

Jim

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

if i were u i would have thrown in a lil' extra/somethin' somethin' :laughing9: but nice score never the less as long as the guilt doesnt eat away at you until u buckle under the pressure only to find yourself rushing to find her and slip her that extra 10. :laughing9: :icon_thumleft:

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Ya really be nice to your friend. Every time a teller knowingly gives me silver or says to me " If you want i will be on the lookout for you" i always say to them "Well i would love that but dont you want them" .Thankfullly they dont care and i end up with another friendly teller.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer

If it was me, I would have paid my "friend" 10x's face.
Enough said.
If it was someone who came to me trying to sell I would
have paid 10x's face.
The only time I would try and pay such a low price
would be at an auction.
But, this is just what I think.
Never try and pay so low,for you never know who
is going to find out and,then you might miss out on a lot more.
Dan

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Kauka said:
A buddy of mine was leaving for the Phillipines.
Aware of my CRH interest, she offered to sell me her 1964 Kennedy halves.
ALL 17!!!
After some minor haggling, she pocketed $30 and I pocketed silver.

Wadday think?

I think if yoy were my buddy I woud puch you in the nose. Thats wad i think.....? But hey as long as they are leving forever and you never have to look them in the eye again, great score. So long as they never find out that they could have gotten $100 for them. But I gues if they can afford to go to the Phillipines then they don't mind getting taken advantage of.

I'm assuming they were being generous and were gifting them to you because you got a deal at less than 2x face.....

Mojo

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010

Hmm..... a tad sketchy. If it were a "friend", I would have told them the fair value and offered somewhat less - maybe 10%-15% less? Seems a fair deal - they get immediate cash for something of value, that they probably had no clue about, I get to add to my silver hoard. For all those out there pounding Kakua, remember - 2 years ago silver dropped under $9/oz. If you buy the coins, and don't flip them immediately, you risk losing money on them. So Caveat Emptor works both ways. That said, since you CAN arbitrage them instantly, and the person IS a friend, I would proceed in the way I stated above.

Just my .02

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

coinmojo said:
Kauka said:
A buddy of mine was leaving for the Phillipines.
Aware of my CRH interest, she offered to sell me her 1964 Kennedy halves.
ALL 17!!!
After some minor haggling, she pocketed $30 and I pocketed silver.

Wadday think?

I think if yoy were my buddy I woud puch you in the nose. Thats wad i think.....? But hey as long as they are leving forever and you never have to look them in the eye again, great score. So long as they never find out that they could have gotten $100 for them. But I gues if they can afford to go to the Phillipines then they don't mind getting taken advantage of.

I'm assuming they were being generous and were gifting them to you because you got a deal at less than 2x face.....

Mojo

??? this is my shocked face that mojo responded like that. LOL
anyways again you could have done alittle better with the buy, but all us CRH dont say a word when a teller hands us a bright silver rim for 50 cents. For all of you rightgious peeps, next time a teller knowingly hands you silver out of the tray be sure to stop her and say no no no ive got to give you atleast 5.00 for that there 90%er.
let me know how that works out for ya, and better yet how long you continue CRHing
:coffee2:

OP
OP
K

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010

Original price?
$8.50

Didn't bother to mention it in the initial quip; didn't think it needed to be addressed.
Thought that CRH'rs were bargain hunters; thought I got a pretty good bargain.
It was interesting to see the bible-thumpers jump on their soap boxes.
I haven't heard of a CRH'r offering 10x face for silver coins from the trays of 'friendly' bank tellers.

As for Mojo, *sigh* - grow up. We're not in the "meet me after school" mentality anymore.

hh

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008

If this were me, I would have hauled the friend to the local coin store where the old guys pay pretty good (and where I drop a pretty good sized load every few weeks). The friend would be happy (and we'd probably stop at the tavern for a few drinks afterwards), the coin store would be happy, I would be happy (because everyone else is happy). I am very fortunate to be at the point in my life where good karma and the good deed trumps all! Hopefully Obama does not cook up some scheme to enslave me to Government Programs and change my outlook.

I acknowledge that I picked up some dream rolls at the local B of A that were brought in by an old lady. I also acknowledge that the originators relationship with the friend may be different that what I assumed. To each his own.

Fire away everyone.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

As for Mojo, *sigh* - grow up. We're not in the "meet me after school" mentality anymore.

hh
[/quote]

Too bad, kept people polite. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Kauka said:
I haven't heard of a CRH'r offering 10x face for silver coins from the trays of 'friendly' bank tellers.

I'm not Friends with all Bank tellers. Never had a teller in my home or hug my kids or my wife!

Punch in the nose is what a friend should get when they take advantage of another friend.

Mojo

OP
OP
K

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010

Pay attention.
Grow-up
Otherwise, your "mo-jo" would be "broke-jo".

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Even with all the banter about punching each other in the nose, I think as long as both parties are satisfied...that is what counts. If you both can live with it, then it was a good deal for both of you.

Now I will step back before someone misses a punch and hits me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread