Fees???????

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I read in the news yesterday, that starting in July the Regime is going to impose all sorts of taxes,fees,regs,etc.on banks, which will cost them a lot of money.
According to the news report the banks will in turn stop giving out freebies to customers in order to make up for the loss. The article mentioned free checking will disappear an there will be hidden fees to customers.
If the news article is corrrect I'm wondering if we will have fees imposed on us for coin boxes and dumping.
Any thoughts on this?
HH
Rich

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Silver Stripe said:
My dump bank already did away with free checking but I figure $10/mo is cheap to dump 30 boxes/wk. HH Mark

Thirty boxes a week? :o. I'd go blind,even with halves. I'd do it if I were going to find a minimum 250 + keepers a week though.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
I read in the news yesterday, that starting in July the Regime is going to impose all sorts of taxes,fees,regs,etc.on banks, which will cost them a lot of money.
According to the news report the banks will in turn stop giving out freebies to customers in order to make up for the loss. The article mentioned free checking will disappear an there will be hidden fees to customers.
If the news article is corrrect I'm wondering if we will have fees imposed on us for coin boxes and dumping.
Any thoughts on this?
HH
Rich
Ay, just wait till they get their Healthcare means testing up online fully and in your daily Banking activities! They require we ALL have health insurance and will find AL your assets to determine if you qualify for FREE or not.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
One of my banks has just doubled the price for safety deposit boxes. Guess i will be quiting the banks that start charging fees.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Any thoughts on this?
HH
Rich

My guess is that yes, most banks will probably charge a fee for almost everything. I would imagine that there will still be free checking and services available, but there will be minimum balance requirements. I wouldn't think a bank would want to potentially lose a 5-figure+ account over a small monthly fee(s).

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Rich Hartford said:
Silver Stripe said:
My dump bank already did away with free checking but I figure $10/mo is cheap to dump 30 boxes/wk. HH Mark

Thirty boxes a week? :o. I'd go blind,even with halves. I'd do it if I were going to find a minimum 250 + keepers a week though.
HH
Rich
8+/box? I wish, even all 40% would be 5 oz/day, I don't do half that well but I'm on an average of 80oz/mo right now so it still pays for gas & candy, and smokes, and groceries, and etc. HH all, Mark

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich , that is a little disturbing - one of the Wells Fargo branches that I was getting boxes of
halves from, suddenly informed me that they would need to charge me $7.00 a box - needless
to say -I said no thank you to that , I'm pretty sure the half dollar will be obsolete in it's
current configuration soon, considering that the dollar coin is not much bigger than a quarter,
and that the half really doesn't circulate in business on the street as the quarter and the dime
do . I suppose that the mint and the fed. may have a sweet deal going to continue these for
a while . Argentium.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Silver Stripe said:
Rich Hartford said:
Silver Stripe said:

HH
Rich
8+/box? I wish, even all 40% would be 5 oz/day, I don't do half that well but I'm on an average of 80oz/mo right now so it still pays for gas & candy, and smokes, and groceries, and etc. HH all, Mark
We are on target this month for our worst month ever, have been skunked on average 5 out of 6 Boxes this month.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
One of my banks has just doubled the price for safety deposit boxes. Guess i will be quiting the banks that start charging fees.
My safety deposit box rental at BofA is up in two weeks. $51 a year for the small, so I am looking around. Last time I went in to make a deposit in the box I stood in the SD box line, only one there for several minutes and no one came. Fineally a girl came up and said someone will be with me soon. She then went in the back and came out with a bag of suckers and hard candy to fill the counter bowls, then she changed the rate of interest on the dri-erase board, then she came over and let us into the SD vault. I decided then and there to get one at a different bank. and when they ask me (if they even care) why I am moving my box I will let them know.

By the way Well Fargo has one, twice the size (5 x 5) for $35 a year. So I am moving across the parking lot to WF whre I already have two checking accounts and a school loan.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
cyberdan said:
quiksilver said:
My safety deposit box rental at BofA is up in two weeks. $51 a year for the small, so I am looking around. Last time I went in to make a deposit in the box I stood in the SD box line, only one there for several minutes and no one came. Fineally a girl came up and said someone will be with me soon. She then went in the back and came out with a bag of suckers and hard candy to fill the counter bowls, then she changed the rate of interest on the dri-erase board, then she came over and let us into the SD vault. I decided then and there to get one at a different bank. and when they ask me (if they even care) why I am moving my box I will let them know.

By the way Well Fargo has one, twice the size (5 x 5) for $35 a year. So I am moving across the parking lot to WF whre I already have two checking accounts and a school loan.
Bank Boxes are just NOT safe- the Gov has and will again take them when it is ready & you'll be sorry!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
cyberdan said:
quiksilver said:

Bank Boxes are just NOT safe- the Gov has and will again take them when it is ready & you'll be sorry!

I just keep all my "Kiss my a$$, Obama" bumper stickers in my SD. If they want them I can always have more reprinted.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Silver Stripe said:

Only problem withthat is they are charging a $6.00 FEE for EACH BOX to be shipped back. $180.00!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread