End of CRHing Boxes has arrived............!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
End of CRH'ing Boxes has arrived............!

Just finished my 6 Boxes & first time in 8 months found not one Silver in the bunch; the wife picked her 6 up has yet to go thru them but was informed there will be no more Silver in ANY of the Boxes anymore as they are sorting ALL the coins in the Pine Bluff Ark facility where her coins come from, this has just started this past week she was informed

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Re: End of CRH'ing Boxes has arrived............!

????? So the culling at the fed has begun???? Are they really going to start doing that??? Some of my conspiracy theory buddies have been saying that the Govt. is going to demand all of the silver back (similar to what they did on Gold Currency in the 1930's), and I have been saying that there is no way to get all of the silver coins out of circulation, but if they cull them at the fed.....well then they could easily do this.......Obediah I hope you aren't proving all of their theories!!!

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

keverett said:
????? So the culling at the fed has begun???? Are they really going to start doing that??? Some of my conspiracy theory buddies have been saying that the Govt. is going to demand all of the silver back (similar to what they did on Gold Currency in the 1930's), and I have been saying that there is no way to get all of the silver coins out of circulation, but if they cull them at the fed.....well then they could easily do this.......Obediah I hope you aren't proving all of their theories!!!
No this is NOT the Fed doing it, it is the Sorting Facility itself, will have to have her inquire further as to source of this action to cull Silver at the sorting facility.

Do know it is extremely difficult to even find halves now let alone Silver ones even hitting Banks; 2 tellers today pointed out the number of people asking for them is high and daily.

I've ordered 6 more Boxes next week if they too turn up duds, i.e. Skunks I'm done & will close my Bank accounts in short order or at least let them go inactive so maybe can try the water in couple months. Wife will know for sure today too as she was told the 6 she got today has NO silver in them- if there is then that proves the info to be false! Update later.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Let's look at this logically. If they were going to cull silver wouldn't it make more sense(if there was any sense) to do it in the part of the country that I'm from between Philly,NYC,and Boston, where there is still some money? Why Arkansas?
Do you think that it would be worth investing over 100k for new coin sorting machinery in a business that is losing money with every closing bank?In a depressed area of the Country too boot ? I don't think so.
Obe,I think you singlehandedly drained all of the silver out of your area temporarily and got yourself a 6-12 box skunk which is no big deal,when you look at the multiple 20 box skunks that Silvercop has had to go through.
I think someone started a rumor and is pulling the wool over your eyes. Don't believe it. You will probably start scoring your routine boxes after a couple of weeks.
HH
Rich

Electronova

Mar 27, 2010
Edinboro, Pennsylvania

Culling the silver is not viable for the government, any businesses, and even for many of us who end up spending more on gas money than we find in silver. I find it highly unlikely that they would start pulling silver from circulation.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Its time for another silver culling post. It has been awhile since the last one. We used to get them every month or so.

The only silver culling is going on by CRHers.

Jim

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Rich Hartford said:
Let's look at this logically. If they were going to cull silver wouldn't it make more sense(if there was any sense) to do it in the part of the country that I'm from between Philly,NYC,and Boston, where there is still some money? Why Arkansas?
Do you think that it would be worth investing over 100k for new coin sorting machinery in a business that is losing money with every closing bank?In a depressed area of the Country too boot ? I don't think so.
Obe,I think you singlehandedly drained all of the silver out of your area temporarily and got yourself a 6-12 box skunk which is no big deal,when you look at the multiple 20 box skunks that Silvercop has had to go through.
I think someone started a rumor and is pulling the wool over your eyes. Don't believe it. You will probably start scoring your routine boxes after a couple of weeks.
HH
Rich
My area is Nashville TN the wife is the one who gets hers from the Ark Sort Facility and according to her friend the order guy who knows and is quite happy to order for her they are culling ALL SIlver in the facility- do not know though doubt this is a nationwide thing am still getting 6 Boxes next week.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Could be the fellows in the sorting room are stealing. I've had sealed boxes where the top coin was lifted and the paper carefully but obviously hand rolled back down. Still got silver though.
HH
Rich

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

Rich Hartford said:
Could be the fellows in the sorting room are stealing. I've had sealed boxes where the top coin was lifted and the paper carefully but obviously hand rolled back down. Still got silver though.
HH
Rich

I get broken boxes weekly now... *with no silver*

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008

How about we take a break for a while and see what happens after a few weeks. If Obama tries to confiscate our hard earned loot to give to his slaves (i.e. non-workers and future voters of all things democrat), and if no more silver shows up in the 'boxes, we'll know what the real story is.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realise we cannot eat money.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

STDevil said:
How about we take a break for a while and see what happens after a few weeks. If Obama tries to confiscate our hard earned loot to give to his slaves (i.e. non-workers and future voters of all things democrat), and if no more silver shows up in the 'boxes, we'll know what the real story is.

Obama is NOT the enemy, he is in fact no diff than Bush; thye are no morethan the puppets of the Global banksters that run the whole show.

By the way typical of women it is soo hard to understand what they mean by what they say- she informed me her friend who orders the coins for her said the Coin service has told him they are fasing in a machine this week that will sort out the Silver- starting next week they expect no Silver will be in their boxes shipped out. I personally have my doubts, and so far in 2 Boxes she has gotten 19 %40's today. Updates probably tomorrow as she is sooo slow.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

obediah said:
STDevil said:

Obama is NOT the enemy, he is in fact no diff than Bush; thye are no morethan the puppets of the Global banksters that run the whole show.

By the way typical of women it is soo hard to understand what they mean by what they say- she informed me her friend who orders the coins for her said the Coin service has told him they are fasing in a machine this week that will sort out the Silver- starting next week they expect no Silver will be in their boxes shipped out. I personally have my doubts, and so far in 2 Boxes she has gotten 19 %40's today. Updates probably tomorrow as she is sooo slow.
What Rich said. There's not enough $ in silver to make it profitable for them.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Nothing political happening here - after a year of mining the silver you may have played it out a bit. Don't listen to what the tellers and delivery boys say as Rich has got it right. Not enough silver for them to bother. Copper would be a different story but not until it is legal melt and that wouldn't happen until after they had their chance at pulling it all.

Maine_Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think its that hard to cull silver, just takes a machine that is capable of doing it. There is a lot of consolidation going on out there and it wouldn't supprise me if the suppliers are updating machines/closing sorting facilities. If you think about it, coinstar culls silver. Their machines don't accept it so everything supplied by them is silver free. I have heard rumors of suppliers in the southwest are/have culled silver. Other rumors are that workers are allowed to cherrypick as long as they replace. It wouldn't supprise me one bit. Hey there is money to be made by selling junk silver, just sort it out and there is another revenue stream for the supplier. To think that it doesn't happen is naive.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

fistfulladirt said:
obediah said:
STDevil said:

Culling silver by the SORTING companies would be EASY. AND worth their time. After all, the Ryedale sorts coper from zinc already. they have machines in the bnaks that cull by content, including the coinstar machines. Those machines many times reject silver, as it is not the "expected" content. All they need is a machine that will discriminate and reject silver as it passes through. WOULD they do it? Sure. Why not? they already DO sort for fakes and tokens and things like that. So as they make the machines better at only accepting the "correct" content, silver is automatically rejected. Not so much FOR the silver, but as a by product of the discrimination they are showing to get rid of fakes and foreign coins. So I don't doubt that all NEW machines WILL discriminate against silkver. It means that as they upgrade, the silver WILL disappear. maybe that is why I get so little here. Maybe they already do that here. Getting 1 silver every 4 boxes now for 2010 averge. Sucks. But I see no reason to think they won't do it. NOt the FED, but the sorting companies who get paid to deliver and roll the coins for the banks on a local basis.

My opinion.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

jrf30 said:
fistfulladirt said:
obediah said:
STDevil said:

Culling silver by the SORTING companies would be EASY. AND worth their time. After all, the Ryedale sorts coper from zinc already. they have machines in the bnaks that cull by content, including the coinstar machines. Those machines many times reject silver, as it is not the "expected" content. All they need is a machine that will discriminate and reject silver as it passes through. WOULD they do it? Sure. Why not? they already DO sort for fakes and tokens and things like that. So as they make the machines better at only accepting the "correct" content, silver is automatically rejected. Not so much FOR the silver, but as a by product of the discrimination they are showing to get rid of fakes and foreign coins. So I don't doubt that all NEW machines WILL discriminate against silkver. It means that as they upgrade, the silver WILL disappear. maybe that is why I get so little here. Maybe they already do that here. Getting 1 silver every 4 boxes now for 2010 averge. Sucks. But I see no reason to think they won't do it. NOt the FED, but the sorting companies who get paid to deliver and roll the coins for the banks on a local basis.

My opinion.
Yes of course there is money in a central facility sorting out the Silver, anyone who thinks otherwise is, is well not thinking- look at it this way we though times are very hard last couple months, still in last 14 months we have acquired over 7000 pieces of Silver; Silver which I see has dropped near $2 today by the way, yes it has recovered & is down maybe 90 cents ritright now.

By the way Rand Paul won by believe it was near %30 landslide- he also came out unloading both barrels of his 10 gauge, shhoting directly at Obama's New World Order agenda- if enough of US awake we can stop it despite it's being here now we can besides the alternative is to boil it down oppression & death!

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As usual I agree with JRF30. Keep in mind that Canadian companies already HAVE to cull for silver at their sorting facilities by law. So the machinery to do so has been in circulation for quite a while now. What is probably happening is that as each supplier gets rid of old equipment they naturally get new equipment that culls for silver as well as all of the other undesirable stuff that they run into on a daily basis. This probably explains why boxes can be so bad in one area but be filled with silver in another. The areas that still have good boxes haven't upgraded their equipment for a while. So those of you still getting good boxes should thank your lucky stars and hit them as hard as you can. Because they probably won't be around for long. And those of us who have never gotten a good box should try to find another bank with a supplier that hasn't upgraded. Me, I gave up boxes long ago. I've never gotten a single silver coin out of a box.

So far this has nothing to do with the government and each supplier is probably doing this as a standard upgrade as old machines break down. They may even be seeing larger profits by upgrading and taking that into account when faced with the decision of whether or not to upgrade machines that may otherwise still have a few more years in them. If the machines appear to be paying for themselves by culling a lot of silver then it becomes a no brainer for the supply companies to upgrade. Especially since the ability to detect silver is likely going to be a common option from now on instead of an expensive add on.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

My opinion.
[/quote]; Silver which I see has dropped near $2 today by the way, yes it has recovered & is down maybe 90 cents ritright now.

[/quote]

Down $2 today? Not on my books! I see it hitting a low down just over $1. It closed yesterday at $18.99, and did not even get down to $17.90 today. About $17.95 on the low, or down $1.04.

Where did you see it down $2 today?? (It is now $18.21)

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

jim4silver said:
Its time for another silver culling post. It has been awhile since the last one. We used to get them every month or so.

The only silver culling is going on by CRHers.

Jim

10-4 :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

jrf30 said:
My opinion.
; Silver which I see has dropped near $2 today by the way, yes it has recovered & is down maybe 90 cents ritright now.

[/quote]

Down $2 today? Not on my books! I see it hitting a low down just over $1. It closed yesterday at $18.99, and did not even get down to $17.90 today. About $17.95 on the low, or down $1.04.

Where did you see it down $2 today?? (It is now $18.21)
[/quote]Double checked it & they have corrected it, but Kitco had shown it as low as 16.67

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions