This has got to negatively affect CRHing sooner or later

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
jim4silver said:
Wonder what will become of all this in the next year or two? More fees for buying boxes and dumping?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...4878.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Jim
Oh yes, they are in my mind managing the decline- acquiring assets and legislative control or maybe should say the LAWS the are passing like today they tell US they passed financial reform Law when in FACT they actually totally empowered the International Bank, i.e. the Federal Reserve insulating it against ANY regulation at all, and get this now they are tracking purchase by purchase (IRS) everything you buy- you know making a profile on you to track your spending and of course income; this is the total State being built around US. It can be stopped but only by an informed and motivated populace, motivated to stand against it- if we do not we are finished, Orwell's 1984 is a warning for US, lets not forget Orwell hung around with the Globalist's of his day, another is Huxley's Brave New World his brother was head of UNESCO, read both you'll see surprising parallels to US and the world today, you know what is going on.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
jim4silver said:
Wonder what will become of all this in the next year or two? More fees for buying boxes and dumping?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...4878.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Jim

Next year or two is amazingly optimistic. The cost of CRH will become prohibitive before the year is out.
Myself I am seriously considering hitting the banks big time next month, and July too, if I can get away with it at my dump banks (Just lost 6 dump banks that did away with their machines).
HH
Rich

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

Next year or two is amazingly optimistic. The cost of CRH will become prohibitive before the year is out.
Myself I am seriously considering hitting the banks big time next month, and July too, if I can get away with it at my dump banks (Just lost 6 dump banks that did away with their machines).
HH
Rich

Why did they get rid of their machines? Were they broken and they don't want to replace them or did they just get sick of all the CRHers cashing in?

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
jim4silver said:
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

HH
Rich

Why did they get rid of their machines? Were they broken and they don't want to replace them or did they just get sick of all the CRHers cashing in?

Jim
It was costing them too much money to maintain the machines. They were the older type. I'd use them once a month as it is a long haul to drive out there.
Rich

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
After reading the article I do not see how this would impact the hobby unless you happen to live some where where you have only 1 financial institution and it closes down. I would equate it to a town that has 5 grocery stores and 1 or 2 of them close. Most likely it would not affect your grocery shopping unless it was your favorite store and then you would have to adapt to your remaining options but it would not shut it out.

I personally think that a fair number of those playing the CRH game are responsible for making it harder. I have seen in person as well as here and other places a number of things that ensure it will be not if, but when will it end. I've ranted about this in the past and here goes again. Why do people think that the bank is there for your CRH activities? It is a business, and businesses make money or they die. We can argue about the bailouts but the bottom line is that the overwhelming majority of "big banks" have repaid TARP with interest, the same cannot be said for the auto industry. I just do not understand where this sense of entitlement comes from. I have seen bank after bank cease to offer even a token number of boxes because some moron orders a bunch of boxes and turns them around to the same branch the next day and complains that now they want fees per order and drop off because of this crap. I worked for years establishing relationships to foster my hobby and I have seen it all but disappear because of this type of inconsiderate and demanding attitude. I'm not pointing fingers here, only providing an opinion and some food for thought. This forum is great and there are folks who help immensely and there are those who like to get as much as they can for as little effort as they can, just like they do at the bank. I used to post and read alot, but the vibe changed here to more of that entitlement attitude and it really soured me on my fellow CRHers. Do the hobby a favor and tone it down, it is after all a hobby and should be fun for all who wish to pursue it. Rant over, HH all.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
puckhead said:
After reading the article I do not see how this would impact the hobby unless you happen to live some where where you have only 1 financial institution and it closes down. I would equate it to a town that has 5 grocery stores and 1 or 2 of them close. Most likely it would not affect your grocery shopping unless it was your favorite store and then you would have to adapt to your remaining options but it would not shut it out.

I personally think that a fair number of those playing the CRH game are responsible for making it harder. I have seen in person as well as here and other places a number of things that ensure it will be not if, but when will it end. I've ranted about this in the past and here goes again. Why do people think that the bank is there for your CRH activities? It is a business, and businesses make money or they die. We can argue about the bailouts but the bottom line is that the overwhelming majority of "big banks" have repaid TARP with interest, the same cannot be said for the auto industry. I just do not understand where this sense of entitlement comes from. I have seen bank after bank cease to offer even a token number of boxes because some moron orders a bunch of boxes and turns them around to the same branch the next day and complains that now they want fees per order and drop off because of this crap. I worked for years establishing relationships to foster my hobby and I have seen it all but disappear because of this type of inconsiderate and demanding attitude. I'm not pointing fingers here, only providing an opinion and some food for thought. This forum is great and there are folks who help immensely and there are those who like to get as much as they can for as little effort as they can, just like they do at the bank. I used to post and read alot, but the vibe changed here to more of that entitlement attitude and it really soured me on my fellow CRHers. Do the hobby a favor and tone it down, it is after all a hobby and should be fun for all who wish to pursue it. Rant over, HH all.

Is this the type of activity you are talking about that will ruin the hobby (may sound familier)

That happened to me at a bank and that is why they get most of my dumps now. When I first asked to buy a box of nicks and cents, I was asked about a business account, which I do not have and so I was told that we cannot sell coin to you without a business account because we do not want to run out of coin. OK, I can understand that, how about you order me some for next week? No dice, not without a business account. So I asked if that was a bank policy or a branch policy (I already know the answer because I have close friends that work for this bank). It's a branch policy she says and thats how it is. I say OK, I'll make sure that you don't run out anymore and I now bring them most of my dumps (anywhere from 200-1000 in nicks, dimes and cents per week). Again, I know they have to take them as long as they are rolled or bagged and that is a bank policy regardless of account type. Every time I am there I just smile at that no good so & so. Some of the friendlier tellers give me some good natured crap about all the coin, and I relate the tale of how I wanted them to order coin but their boss didn't want to. They roll their eyes and "thank" her for her customer service. That said, I did take them cookies last week just to stay on good terms with the worker bees just as I do at all of my supply and dump banks. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Taken out of context so the short and long answer would be no. W/O the biz acct (I had and still have checking & savings) the supe would not allow me to buy boxed coin, even when I offerred to pay a per box fee. Notice that I did take care of the working class with goodies. I burned out on the amount dumped before they did. I'm sure it was an oversight Rich, but for everyone else this was one of my posts from some time ago. Of course if you go back even farther and read more posts from several folks I think that one would see an overall attitude shift in the majority of them. HH.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
puckhead said:
Taken out of context so the short and long answer would be no. W/O the biz acct (I had and still have checking & savings) the supe would not allow me to buy boxed coin, even when I offerred to pay a per box fee. Notice that I did take care of the working class with goodies. I burned out on the amount dumped before they did. I'm sure it was an oversight Rich, but for everyone else this was one of my posts from some time ago. Of course if you go back even farther and read more posts from several folks I think that one would see an overall attitude shift in the majority of them. HH.

The attitude change may be the result of people finally waking up to the fact that the banks are a business, whose only function is to perpetrate fraud,theft,counterfeiting,etc. on the people.To further their criminal enterprise they have bribed, treasonous elected and appointed members of our central government,whose attitude is that the Constitution & Bill of Rights are nothing more than meaningless scraps of old and withered paper.That these traitors steal the fruits of our labor to fund a criminal enterprise,secure their positions,and line their own pockets.
Now I'm not saying that this is necessarily my attitude, just what I've heard from others,read,or saw on the news.
On the otherhand I've talked to just as many people who see everything through rosy colored glasses,that everything is just fine and dandy. They repeat what they are taught,memorize, and what is fashionable, that the above is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo coming from tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts.
I've only been on here since 2008 and the only change I've noticed is that for some reason people are more reluctant to post their finds.
One person I spoke to said that he does not post his finds because he is worried about becoming the victim of a theft. Not from some junkie,but agents of the banks, and government.
You bring the cookies and candy,and I'll take the silver.
HH
Rich

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I think we are basically on the same page. It is aboslutely in the middle of these 2 extremes. I will continue to "bribe" tellers as I have received mucho silver from this type of activity and avoided fees by doing so. This falls under that old expression about bees or flies and honey and vinegar. If folks dislike banks, use a credit union. I keep the the minimum amount in any bank account just to support my CRH activity and do my real financial work with a CU. Oh....wait.....I hear the feds outside and it looks like they are on to me...............save yourselves..........RUN............................................good luck..............HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread