Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
That's true, but that box that's waiting for you could be the one. You just never know.
HH
Rich

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Did someone say Dream Box?

Image034.jpg

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
fistfulladirt said:
"Think I am done with halves" Ha, that's what they all say!
It takes 14 Dimes to make an ounce, 3 or 7 Halves, your odds are far better doing halves than dimes I assure you- but if you do not have the FRN's that is another matter altogether!

*For that show off with his dream Box pics, I've 5 full and I do mean full Boxes of Halves, one is 2 rolls shy of being full of %90's too, all 5 acquired in the last 14 Months of crh'ing mostly Boxes but have at least 1200 of them are from Cold Calls. Oh and I've sold mostly on feeBay 116 Rolls too which is over 2 boxes of them, again I repeat ALL acquired in the last 14 Months.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:
It takes 14 Dimes to make an ounce, 3 or 7 Halves, your odds are far better doing halves than dimes I assure you- but if you do not have the FRN's that is another matter altogether!

*For that show off with his dream Box pics, I've 5 full and I do mean full Boxes of Halves, one is 2 rolls shy of being full of %90's too, all 5 acquired in the last 14 Months of crh'ing mostly Boxes but have at least 1200 of them are from Cold Calls. Oh and I've sold mostly on feeBay 116 Rolls too which is over 2 boxes of them, again I repeat ALL acquired in the last 14 Months.
Not for me. It's cheaper for me to buy silver halves outright. Due to work, and other activities, I don't have the time to search and dump the volume that it takes to make it worthwhile. When I searched dimes, for the amount spent, I came out better than the same $ spent searching and dumping halves. ffd

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:

Silly, Obe. Not trying to show off, just like to see what scrounging the dimes can gain you. All those dimes were at face, searching about 2 boxes a month. I don't bother with dimes, but they are fun to do which what this hobby should be. Now, if you want to break out the measuring sticks, I'm sure my stash would be more than adequate to compete against your few boxes. Then again, I have no need to sell my silver unlike you. Fact is, this is all just for fun. I wish you the best of luck in your future hunts.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:

Silly, Obe. Not trying to show off, just like to see what scrounging the dimes can gain you. All those dimes were at face, searching about 2 boxes a month. I don't bother with dimes, but they are fun to do which what this hobby should be. Now, if you want to break out the measuring sticks, I'm sure my stash would be more than adequate to compete against your few boxes. Then again, I have no need to sell my silver unlike you. Fact is, this is all just for fun. I wish you the best of luck in your future hunts.
Was just pokin at ya a little, do not plan to sell anymore for several months have been able to generate small amounts of cash flow in other ways now that it is warm out plus rent room out in house which pays all the utility bills, hoping wont have to seel till tax time comes (property tax) and Insurance bills around 1st of year. Would like to spend balance of year just hunting if ya know what mean- gonna do my first Road Trip for Road trips sake this week from what hear things are picking up I'll check it out this week; for me this year has been dismal but for 3 times, one in April and 2 in Jan all the rest have been blanks or one or two Silvers if was lucky.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Prof, let the tellers know that you are looking for any halves you can get. Even the tellers at my dump bank routinely set aside stuff for me. Last week I got 19 Ikes and a red seal 5. If they like you, they will go out of their way to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions