nice dime score!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
im not sure if this is common, but i dont do many dimes to know much about 'em, but i thought this was pretty good;
yesterday, i went to a local CU of mine, and decided to get a few rolls of dimes just to try 'em out (ive done some b4, just like to see if they are something i am considering ordering a few boxes a week of), they had 24 rolls, all fed except 2 CWR, i bought them all, get in the car, and see a 1964 silver roosie starring back at me on the end of the roll (fed roll)! to me this is pretty exciting, seeing as it ended up on the end of a roll. plus, the 24 rolls yielded a 1960-D roosie as well. then, today i went to another branch of the same bank that 46 rolls, bought them all, got in the car looked down and saw a merc. starring at me! this was very exciting seeing as how this was my first merc, i havent gotten around to opening the rolls but will report later, but im going to save the merc ender roll for a rainy day when i get skunked and am PO'ed about it :) anyway, i was just wondering howoften u all get a roosie or a merc on the end of a roll, and how many u've gotten in ur life. thanks...enought rambling
-CHAINCHOMP

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a nice score. Let us know how the rest turn out.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds promising, good start with the merc and the rosie. Check out any dark edges carefully, they could be dirty silver dimes. I like to use a jewelers loop, my eyes aren't like they use to be. Good luck.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Last year I did a lot of dimes, boxes mostly, handrolled,and bagged. Enders are not common but I've gotten them.
Don't remember the exact amount anymore, but my best box had all mercs and one or two Barbers, 9-11 keepers in all. I ended the year with about 400 dimes. Took a lot of searching and was fun.
HH
Rich

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
currently I buy 1 box of dimes a week and have been doing so for about 2-3 months now. I have notfound an ender of either variety of what you are asking for. I'd keep going to that CU for your dimes :icon_thumright:

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
Rich Hartford said:
Last year I did a lot of dimes, boxes mostly, handrolled,and bagged. Enders are not common but I've gotten them.
Don't remember the exact amount anymore, but my best box had all mercs and one or two Barbers, 9-11 keepers in all. I ended the year with about 400 dimes. Took a lot of searching and was fun.
HH
Rich

Rich,

Was that box of Mercs/barrbers from the Fed? If so it gives me hope to find a barber or two sometime!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
rwb83 said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

Rich,

Was that box of Mercs/barrbers from the Fed? If so it gives me hope to find a barber or two sometime!

It was just a regular $250.00 box of dimes. Came from a small bank in a rural town. I actually got another box there with 5 Mercs and a 1940 Canadian dime. That's back when I did road trips, and it's a long drive. I haven't been there this year.
HH
Rich

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
That has only happened to me once . While half hunting i noticed a bunch of silver dimes at the bottom of a tellers tray. I asked her if she collects ,she said no and all of them came from fed rolls . She gave me all 13 of themso i asked for a box of dimes and all of her loose fed rolls. The box was normal but her loose fed rolls had a bunch of enders including a mecr or two. About 5 of the loose fed rolls yielded 12-16 rosies and mercs each.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years ago, in a 12-box CWI dime order, I had a merc ender, Roosevelt ender, and scored several mercs and six Barbers. Lots of mercs since then, no more Barbers tho. ffd

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
turned out the rest of the roll were skunks :( but thats ok cuz i still got a silver total of 3 one of them being a merc, and one of the roosies not being a 1964 (score for me seeing as how most r 1964's)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread