A MOOD SWING

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I just wanted to mention the fact that for a time this forum seemed to be getting hostile. Anyone who has stuck it out for about a year or so probably knows what I am talking about. There seemed to be a lot of bickering over somewhat trivial bull. I think it may have been brought on, at least in part, by one or two hot heads. What ever the cause it seems those individuals faded away. I just wanted to commend everyone on keeping the a mostly positive forum filled with likeable characters.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this shift. Keep up the search.

Golden Silver

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I have noticed, but it seems to come and go......About every 6 months or so, people get all up tight as the silver slows down, then everyone that sticks around goes back to their merry ways. Just my observations.....

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sufferers of SAD may experience depression during the winter and hypomania in the summer.

... and so it was written .....

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I noticed one DH who always had a sour grapes type of an attitude, and some coconut rambo type that popped in. Then there was this moe, that complained about one of my posts and had it censored. He only made one appearence and then tippy toed away.
It livens things up :laughing7:
HH
Rich

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Rich Hartford said:
I noticed one DH who always had a sour grapes type of an attitude, and some coconut rambo type that popped in. Then there was this moe, that complained about one of my posts and had it censored. He only made one appearence and then tippy toed away.
HH
Rich

Had one of your posts censored??? You don't say anything remotely offensive Rich....what could be censored.....except maybe some of the bad ass scores you come across!!! LOL J/K!!

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I work mostly with 9 other men out of a possible 50 at any given time. 1 of them is being investigated for something, 1 of the questions the cops were asking is "has his attitude changed" well any 1 of these guys moods can change at any given time according to luck with women or money .

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
It used to be like watching a soap opera except i did not have to load a tape in to record it. Some people Will not mention any names) just like to stir up the pot with everyone.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Compared to times in the past things seem kind of "calm" to me. I feel that when people start name-calling or getting "holier than thou" and casting judgement is when things start getting nasty.

Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are just upset due to teh fact that we are getting skunked.

DW

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
I was going to do a post telling everyone I was back (although I never went) and then this pops up. I just read and made a few posts once in a while, not wanting to stir anything up. But now the trouble makers are gone, just as I said they would when they couldn't push my buttons anymore. I'm sorry if I caused any problems and will do better. They just succeeded to get under my skin. I will say things have been slow this month after a very fruitful April. I will start posting my finds again, starting with tomorrow's 8 boxes......... unless I'm the DH Rich is talking about! :laughing7: ;D
HH
Gilbert

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It does seem a bit more civil here. Must be from all the newbies moving in and a few of the DHs moving out. Myself I'm just too busy lately to post much and my boxes have all sucked to boot. I could keep posting that I got one from the last ten boxes...I'm thinking I might have finally pulled most everything in this area, after all I'm close to having searched through over $1,000,000 in halves! I probably need to take a real break to let it reseed...I guess if I really want any more crazy finds I'll have to hit the road to find something worthy of buying a new camera - :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
enamel7 said:
Hi all!
I was going to do a post telling everyone I was back (although I never went) and then this pops up. I just read and made a few posts once in a while, not wanting to stir anything up. But now the trouble makers are gone, just as I said they would when they couldn't push my buttons anymore. I'm sorry if I caused any problems and will do better. They just succeeded to get under my skin. I will say things have been slow this month after a very fruitful April. I will start posting my finds again, starting with tomorrow's 8 boxes......... unless I'm the DH Rich is talking about! :laughing7: ;D
HH
Gilbert

Gilbert it was not you I was referring to. I probably should not have made that comment. It was wrong to call an individual a DH. I don't know his particular circumstances. He could have lost a job,suffered a personal tragedy,lost his house, or chewed on too many lead paint chips as a kid.
HH
Rich

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Sometimes people misunderstand my intent here. I personally will tell you how I feel but try and be nice as possible. If we were standing toe to toe I could say things a certain way and the appropriate responce would happen based on my expression or the way I deliever a quip.

Funny thing about the written word. It can be taken the wrong way.

I've been here for 2 years now and seen many come and go.

Leaving has not been exclusive to all the rude people or the nice people. Both have came and went.

I'm not sure which camp I fall under? I have had sparing matches with some of you but feel that it has been a debate more so than outright mean and vengeful type of argument.

I always feel that issues can be resolved with a respectfull debate and that doesn't mean that a word or 2 might drop that will be taken the wrong way but that's why we debate. To try and present our views, right wrong or indifferent. We are all people with many different backgrounds that share a hobby here, and not all people will get along.

Mojo

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

Rich, you are one of the most positive people on this forum. Hard to believe someone would try to censor what you say.

Just my two cents, I know a lot of times people get their panties in a wad because someone was trying to be sarcastic or cute and they get all bent out of shape. Sarcasm is hard to discern when it is written. With the influx of new people, this stuff will come in waves. I personally don't get offended by any of you who speak your mind. Its your opinion and everyone has one. Some have been in the trenches a lot longer than I have and have some valuable knowledge. I thank you guys for sharing it even if it comes tongue and cheek.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a place where I might want hang out.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
I don't know about what the rest of you guys think, but there is nowhere else on this planet that we could do what we do and enjoy the freedom that we have to pursue such a wonderful addicting treasure hunt. We may continue to be able to do this in the future or not, but what matters is that we have been able to pursue something we love to do for next to nothing. The dream box is not a dream for I have lived it many times in the past few years and it never ever gets old. The coins are out there, we just have to find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread