Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owners of this mule-cent obtained a court order that will go against dealers
trying to discredit the coin. Since the Secret Service said it is authentic then it is authentic no matter
that PCGS and NGC deny grade.

In my opinion PCGS and NGC are overgraded and it is just business.

The most expensive coin ever the 1933 Double Eagle that sold for $7MM is not even graded.

DW

EzraBK

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello this is an old post but I just found a 1959 D Wheat Penny it is in very bad condition thoe

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
1 down, 1,279,759,999 to go til you've found them all!
Really ? That many that were accidently minted in 1959 with the wheat ear reverse rather than the Lincoln Memorial ? I had no idea.... ??? <------ this is my sarcastic smartass face.. :laughing7: Still waiting for the newbie with 1 post to put up some pictures of the one he found. I'll play.. Look what I found today !

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4,171
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4,224
Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Do any of the resident coin experts have any knowlege of just how many of these might exist ? I started collecting coins in the 60s and I have never heard of this error.

EzraBK

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nah not a 3 or 8 if any other number its a 0 but under magnification it seems very likely that it is a 9 but I am taking it to a coin expert in my town to see for sure
And Bandit no one is sure how many of these exist only a couple have ever been appraised and verified and the secret service took some as well but that's just a rumor thoe but I wouldn't doubt it

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Heres the pics and it is very hard to see its 1959 but I have looked with a magnifying glass and also compared it to other 1959 memorial cents, it is a 1959 D Wheat
View attachment 907226 View attachment 907228

Congratulations on a unique find. You do realize that with all the surface alterations/imperfections that no-one can be reasonably sure with a high degree of confidence. Without the confidence, no buyer will want to have such a questionable specimen. I'm not 100% certain what you have found is the real deal, but I have no reason to question your claim.

EzraBK

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations on a unique find. You do realize that with all the surface alterations/imperfections that no-one can be reasonably sure with a high degree of confidence. Without the confidence, no buyer will want to have such a questionable specimen. I'm not 100% certain what you have found is the real deal, but I have no reason to question your claim.
Ya I realize that but im still happy on this find especially since im very new to CRH only started 2 weeks ago but already found 3 silver halfs about 78 wheaties and about 5 bucks in copper cents, and whats a good way of cleaning coins without harming them, would boiling work?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really ? That many that were accidently minted in 1959 with the wheat ear reverse rather than the Lincoln Memorial ? I had no idea.... ??? <------ this is my sarcastic smartass face.. :laughing7: Still waiting for the newbie with 1 post to put up some pictures of the one he found. I'll play.. Look what I found today !

=) probably should have read the post a bit more carefully before jumping into complete sarcasm mode!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I realize that but im still happy on this find especially since im very new to CRH only started 2 weeks ago but already found 3 silver halfs about 78 wheaties and about 5 bucks in copper cents, and whats a good way of cleaning coins without harming them, would boiling work?

There is a gouge leading directly to the last number. All the material from that gouge just ended up smashed there. If you look at the pictures you'll see what I mean. I am most certain it is any wheat from the 50s, but not a 59. I am sure your local shop will agree.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a gouge leading directly to the last number. All the material from that gouge just ended up smashed there. If you look at the pictures you'll see what I mean. I am most certain it is any wheat from the 50s, but not a 59. I am sure your local shop will agree.

Im starting to wonder if its a "5"....because I have been looking at this coin the last half hour..lol...and the only numbers that look right would be "59"..But then compared to the other "9"...its way off

I think this coin has so much damage, its gonna be hard to tell what it is....I do see where a 59 would be the only one that makes sense....but they seem larger than the rest of the date

Attachments

• Wheat.png
    Wheat.png
    749.5 KB · Views: 267

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is I'm sure NHbandit didn't expect him to post this pic which looks very convincing after making fun of him lol

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like a 59....chevy ran it over 54 years ago