lost my dump bank now what

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
well cu to be exact. I have only been dumping $500 to $1000 a week there. today I walk in and the manager jumps up, runs over and says we need to talk. Ok, takes me to his cub and says you only have an account with us to use our coin counter. So we are closing your account. Ha said I was the only one doing it (dumping there) and I was whereing out there machine. He was rude and a real jerk about it to. Funny thing was on my way in I was kicking my self because I forgot the donuts I was planing to take in. because the tellers are always so decent and helpful .

Any suggestions on developing new dump banks?

Upvote 0

lee7462

Greenie
May 19, 2010
I'm new to this, so take any advice from me with a grain of salt.

MAybe try and find another CU or even a couple and try dumping smaller amounts, at several locations.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I search mostly dimes and quarters and my dump bank doesn't have any problem with it, because those are coins they can use and that they have to order on a regular basis. so when I have a couple hundred dollars worth of halves once in a while it isn't a big deal. I don't see how these guys who are rolling 10K a week can get by with it, as my banks would of told me to go to h*** a long time ago.

I really don't know what to tell you except to find some other banks and maybe spread it around some. You could also hide them in with other coins, so that they aren't so noticeable. What if you deposited them into your checking account and used that money to live off of and used your income to buy more halves with. That would probably cost you your supply bank.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
On the machine note i dump less halves mixed with other coins to keep a low profile. Of course my credit union has 7 locations. I also dump at various TD banks never filling the half bag more then once each time. I think most of the multiple box peeps reroll and bring to thier dump banks. Try joining a bank with multiple locations and dump your bags or rolls at them.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Maybe your problem was that you were dumping halvas and not halves. That would ware out any machine. :laughing9:

But honestly there has got to be another bank with a machine and just next time make sure you do other transactions there so they don't have that same type of excuse. Good luck.

golden silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I've tooo.... , many accounts myself anyway would not mind loosing one, maybe two; opened 2 to get more Boxes and they informed me they do not order them, so I'm stuck with only one order Bank chain and down form 3 Branches of it to two cause of the recent flooding they will not open for around 3 months.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You win some, you lose some. Find another bank to dump at. I have noticed anything over $400-500 at a time raises a lot of eyebrows. Best to keep your dumps less than that. Also as others have mentioned, dont just dump only halves. Mix em up. This is one of the main reasons I cut back to doing only $1k a week. Too many eyebrows were being raised.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
favored papa said:
well cu to be exact. I have only been dumping $500 to $1000 a week there. today I walk in and the manager jumps up, runs over and says we need to talk. Ok, takes me to his cub and says you only have an account with us to use our coin counter. So we are closing your account. Ha said I was the only one doing it (dumping there) and I was whereing out there machine. He was rude and a real jerk about it to. Funny thing was on my way in I was kicking my self because I forgot the donuts I was planing to take in. because the tellers are always so decent and helpful .

Any suggestions on developing new dump banks?

FP,
That really stinks because dumping $500.00-$1,000.00 a week seems very reasonable.These Bank managers have a multitude of excuses to prevent one from dumping. The most novel one I've run into was the manager who was allergic to coins.
The best way to stay in the game, hassle free, is to get three dump banks, and buy two boxes of dimes a week,or one box of halves. Split the dumps between the three banks. Or if you prefer to forgo boxes,go on road trips,but limit yourself to picking up no more than $500.00 in coins.
The only problem with the above is that you are not going to find much with so few boxes. You will fare better with road trips.
The other thing you could do is open a business account. This will enable you to dump as much as you want, at a price of course. The pitfalls here are that you may not get your cash right away,and the dumping fee may take a chunk out of whatever you recover,and diminish your CRH money supply.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
F

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
thank you all. I also recently was informed (by one who should Know) the loomis people try to cherrie pick out the silver at the sorting center (fed) here. That may account for my best box only having 1 90% and 3 40% most boxes have only had 1 40%.
Mini road trips may be the way to go around here. Much smaller volume but almost as productive and those I can roll and deposit I have accounts at the 5 major banks in the area so that is dozens of branches.

Again thank you all and Silver to you all.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Around here there are just too many hunters to do any good road tripping- used to do okay to good on 2 of 3 trips last year this year it's maybe 1 outa 6 and those have been ones that went to Missouri or back where found that record find of 175 Silvers from 2 Banks one in Mo the other in Ky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread