wow i am lost

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
so i got ripped at the supermarket, not really but to my standards i planned to pay a quarter but instead coupon didnt print. still got 12 salad dressing, gallon of arizona ice tea, 12 knorr noodles for like 11 bucks.

went to my bank that said no more for dumping to make up for it... asked to order some boxes of quarters and dimes... teller said fine... but had to go ask managers, the VP that said 10% fee on anymore dumping told her 5 cents per roll so i said wow she is a bitch what number can i call up... wtf do banks pay to get coins? is it a single fee or fee per quantity?

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
d2arcing said:
so i got ripped at the supermarket, not really but to my standards i planned to pay a quarter but instead coupon didnt print. still got 12 salad dressing, gallon of arizona ice tea, 12 knorr noodles for like 11 bucks.

went to my bank that said no more for dumping to make up for it... asked to order some boxes of quarters and dimes... teller said fine... but had to go ask managers, the VP that said 10% fee on anymore dumping told her 5 cents per roll so i said wow she is a bitch what number can i call up... wtf do banks pay to get coins? is it a single fee or fee per quantity?

Basically banks have a contract with the courier service that delivers and picks up coins and cash. It is a set agreed upon price which does not go up or down no matter how much coin or cash is delivered on a normal delivery day. If the carrier service has to make an extra trip, lets say because a customer was coming in and needed a couple of million in cash, there may,or may not be, an added charge for the extra trip.
The bank you are dealing with is probably just trying to give you a hard time to get rid of you.
I'd just move on to another bank. I'm not saying that there is nothing that you can do, but at this point in time it is much easier to just go elsewhere.
HH
Rich
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread