todays 16 boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 16 boxes

right when i was going to increase my volume back. i am glad i didn't. today's 16 boxes were tough. 15 of them were skunks, and the other box gave up one 40%. one ladies and gents that is it. didn't even find enough silver to cover the cost of dumping tomorrow (the fee the bank charges me). sure am glad to see this month go. hope june is better.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: today's 16 boxes

jim4silver said:
Rich Hartford said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
I have noticed the Brinks boxes in my area are now taped on the both top sides and the usual bottom where you pull it open. This stops the DROP problem and makes it a lot harder for someone else but you to open the box.

The boxes are taped because someone already opened them to check for enders.
HH
Rich

RH,

The Brinks boxes I get have always been taped with a strip of thick, brown paper packing type tape along where the flap opens. The boxes are the square, 25 rolls on top of 25 rolls, 5 by 5 in rows.

It has always been this way in the past 2 years I have been CRHing, and I still get boxes with an ender or two sometimes.

I can't speak for other jurisdictions.

Jim

My mistake. I was referring to the flat single layer boxes.
Rich

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One of my single layer boxes was missing a roll. 2 of the 3 boxes looked like they were dropped. My suggestion to all is to check the contents of any damaged boxes to verify the correct # of rolls before you leave the bank. BTW, that was the only box that had any silver in it.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I picked up a much mangled box this afternoon. Checked the box in the parking lot and noticed that one roll had been picked open and it appears to be two coins removed. I will snap a pic of it this evening and post it but I think someone is checking enders on my boxes before I get them. These boxes are fairly easy to see if someone checked because it takes extra effort to close them properly. They are the cube type with the side tabs you have to push in before you shut the box. I am in SC's district so this might be something at the sorting facility. Last month I recieved my best box ever with even a reverse ender but it had also been opened and contained a competators (Loomis) roll mixed in.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

AGCoinHunter said:
I picked up a much mangled box this afternoon. Checked the box in the parking lot and noticed that one roll had been picked open and it appears to be two coins removed. I will snap a pic of it this evening and post it but I think someone is checking enders on my boxes before I get them. These boxes are fairly easy to see if someone checked because it takes extra effort to close them properly. They are the cube type with the side tabs you have to push in before you shut the box. I am in SC's district so this might be something at the sorting facility. Last month I recieved my best box ever with even a reverse ender but it had also been opened and contained a competators (Loomis) roll mixed in.
That is confusing isn't it- what is going on!?

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2

I've had a run of skunks for the past 8 boxes. I try to get one box a week and lately I switched banks to get my coins. The old bank gives the square boxes with 25 rolls on the bottom and the next layer on top of 25 rolls. I then started getting the flat boxes with only one layer. Went back to the original bank today and finally got 4 40% coins. At least it is something, I'll keep trying. I pick up from two different banks and return to a completely different bank, hoping to keep my dumps from returning to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions