obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
dp2013 said:
"I can remember when checking accounts paid over %5."

And they will again some day. And a loaf of bread will be $10. A gallon of milk $15 and a gallon of gas $10.

I do not think so, my bet is that they will soon be charging US all to even have an account with them; and when we go to the cashless system (soon) we will all be forced to become paying customers of Banks or starve to death!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
dave5710 said:
The way I look at it is this. The one grand I use for CRH would be sitting in a savings account, drawing 1% interest, $10. If I can find one coin every day, that is worth $1 over face value, at the end of the year, I would have an extra $365. Right now I am about 20 coins ahead of that pace, and some of those coins are over $5 above face value. I have no fees with my CRHing, and I only made 3 special trips out of town for this hobby. One of which I took by detector with me. I feel that the extra expense of my road trips and driving across town to an extra bank or two, once a week is minimal. JMO.

Last year this hobby earned me the equivalent of all my gasoline and my cable bills.
I'd like to find a Bank that pays that much, %1 interest, mine pays %0.17 which on $1K in a savings account would pay $1.70, compounded interest it might be as much as 1.76 which makes me wonder why anyone who can add- think would put money in a Bank(?). If it payed %1 it would be paying you $10 annually. I can remember when checking accounts paid over %5.

Obe,
A number of online banks pay just over 1% on deposits with no limits. ING Direct, Emigrant Online bank, ect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread