Wheaties today.

O

Ohioan

I've been looking this site over a bit in the past couple of weeks, and have been interested in the coin roll hunting. Anything with the word hunting after it I'm up for it. I've heard of folks doing this but I don't think they done it on the scale I see some of you people doing it. I remember a couple family members getting just a few rolls here and there and looking through them (back in the 70s). I'm pretty new to coin collecting but I figured it was time for me to start a collection, wish I thought about it last year when a friend of my wife gave her a whole bunch of wheaties, buffalos, steel pennies, couple indian head pennies and misc. etc for cleaning out her garage. , would have been a pretty good start to a collection but I gave them to a friend to start a collection :icon_scratch: Anyway since then I found three wheaties in change and I had them in a little jar. Well today after being inspired by this forum I decided to try to get some wheaties by getting 2 rolls of pennies to look through while I was out on errands. I figured I would ask at the gas station for some on the way home. So I stop on my first errand and walking out of the store I look at my change and whaddya know a 1948s wheatie, I thought it was pretty ironic. Went to my second errand (grocery store) and then at the station they only give me 1 roll. So I go home with my wheat penny sitting in the ashtray, I'm all proud of it like I just found a hopewell drill or something. I get home and I look in my pocket for the wheatie and then realized that I left it in the ashtray, but at the same time I realized it I saw another wheatie in the change in my hand. I scratch my head for a minute and go check the ashtray there was the 48 and the one in my hand was a 1919s So I guess I got another one at the grocery store or i got 2 at my first stop and just didn't see it at first. When i went through the roll I found no wheaties but I put the first of my pre 82 pennies back. Small meager start , we'll see how it goes . I hope I don't get addicted to this like my other hobbies. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I'm sure that you will move up from searchg 50 cents worth of coins to thousands of dollars a day soon enough.......... I GURANTEE.

Mojo

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
its always fun to get keepers in change from the grocery store or whatever, and by the way coinmojo is right...u'll b hooked b4 u know it! good luck with ur future finds, and just for the record i bet in the next month or less u'll b picking up ur 1st box of halves to search :laughing9:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
You said two things that contradict each other. FIrst, that you found some wheaties. Second, that you hope you don't get addicted.

TOO LATE.

lololol.

Once you find something, the hunt is ON baby. Bring it.

I agree with mojo. Soon, and very soon, you will be doing boxes, and not rolls. And keeping track of the wheaties, and getting an album so you can fill in the ones you need. It's not a matter of if. You are toast, my man. Toast. You are already an addict (Just like the rest of us) :-) You just haven't come to grips with it as of yet.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Keep at it. Sometimes things get slow and then all of a sudden you will hit a big score.
Good luck,
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread