Silver!!!!

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been going through my first two boxes ever this weekend. The first box, I pulled all the rolls and looked at the ends....No silver. Ended up getting skunked on the first box :(, although I did get a 2006 S and a few 2004, 07 & 09.

I start on the second box, and about 10 rolls in, there it is! :headbang:, Obvious silver on one end, reverse showing. I tear open the roll and it's a 1969 D :hello2: It's funny how excited a grown man can get by paying .50 cents for a coin worth $2.71 (with silver @ 18.34/oz). Anyway, I've got 35 rolls to search tomorrow and then figure out the best way to dump almost 2000 halves. By the way, these are Brinks rolls, do y'all have much luck with these? What type rolls do Y'all usually get when you order halves?
HH,
Legend

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice job! :icon_thumleft: i usually get flat boxes with little holes in the top, and the rolls are white & yellow paper/N.F. string rolls, and i dont get many skunk boxes, maybe one in 12-15 boxes, but i dont have boxes that have a lot of silver in them, but still i like being able to consistantly pull the silver...and for me, its just the thrill of the search that makes it worth while.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
by the way, my first 40%'er was on the ebd of a roll, w/ the reverse showing, and i immediately knew it was silver, maybe its a tradition that the silver gods make happen to every beginer, and if im not mistaking, i think mine was a 1969-D too.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
My personal primary source is Brinks Box Bank would guesstimate get some 1600 Silver s a year doing approx 340 boxes a year of course most Boxes are Skunks or maybe 1 or 2 and a very few that have like last year 2 Boxes with 264 and 256 all the rest were around 100 or less.

The wife in another state last year with CWI supplier and a virtually unknown supplier called "Interstate" had 2 over 500 a few over 100, she had over 3000 silvers last year but is doing very poorly this year so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread