Interesting article on the seizure of gold and silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
They don't need our Gold or Silver really, they have US under their total authority now, besides how many of us really have PM's, I'd say iti s a small percentage like under %5. Most people I know are in debt (big time) and working basically from paycheck to paycheck to stay even- make payments or just coasting along on a Gov check. I'm convinced Gold confiscation will not be a big deal when (if), it happens we will have far more pressing issues to grapple with then.

PM's are good in theory to have but we have never been too or through the theoretical before to prove it out- guess it is like a good security blanket for the present but have my doubt of it's worth in a total State tyranny which is most certainly coming if not here now in a rapidly growing sense.

I know a guy who is Active Army right now he believes everything Gov tells him- Army even has a version of Koran it passes out he says proves Islam is a peaceful religion too, he won't even entertain the idea our Gov does things against US.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
They don't need our Gold or Silver really, they have US under their total authority now, besides how many of us really have PM's, I'd say iti s a small percentage like under %5. Most people I know are in debt (big time) and working basically from paycheck to paycheck to stay even- make payments or just coasting along on a Gov check. I'm convinced Gold confiscation will not be a big deal when (if), it happens we will have far more pressing issues to grapple with then.

PM's are good in theory to have but we have never been too or through the theoretical before to prove it out- guess it is like a good security blanket for the present but have my doubt of it's worth in a total State tyranny which is most certainly coming if not here now in a rapidly growing sense.

I know a guy who is Active Army right now he believes everything Gov tells him- Army even has a version of Koran it passes out he says proves Islam is a peaceful religion too, he won't even entertain the idea our Gov does things against US.

I'm not particularly troubled myself with any confiscation either. I just thought that this was an interesting article.
HH
Rich

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
My personal opinion is that for there ever to be another government "call in" for gold, and possibly the first one for silver, the following would have to first occur:

1. The value of the US dollar goes to zero or otherwise becomes like Zimbabwe dollars, and

2. As the dollar was falling before it gets to the 1. above condition, the masses were out buying gold and silver like crazy in anticipation of the dollar going to zero.

Unless 1. and 2. happen, there will be no "confiscation", because to do so would instantly cause 1. to happen as it would show the government has no confidence in its currency and also because the public do not have much gold and silver now. Many silver and gold bugs tend to think everyone else values gold and silver like we do (yes I am a gold/silver bug). The truth is other than jewelry and maybe a small coin collection grandpa gave them, most don't care or own gold and silver. Thus a confiscation would not yield much. How many of your friends or neighbors think you are nuts when you tell them to buy gold or silver?

What I can see happening even before a confiscation, and before 1. and 2. would occur is a high federal tax on PM sales and purchases, and mandatory reporting of transactions by coin dealers/stores and individuals, with failure to report punishable by fines/jail.

This action would bring in tax revenue for the gov, let them know who owns the gold and silver, and dissuade all but the most ardent gold/silver bugs from wanting to buy gold and silver.

Such an action would mostly go unnoticed by the masses and not create too much in the way of protests since Joe Public doesn't really own any gold/silver.

The reason for the call in of gold in 1933 was so the gov could increase money supply/value. Our gov was buying gold from other countries like crazy during that same time to increase their stash. Then later, the US increased the price of gold by 75% (price of gold was fixed back then) which increased the value of US dollars. The US was then able to pay off foreign debts with US gold which now had more bang for the buck with the 75% increase in value. The US does not pay foreign debts with gold anymore nor is the dollar backed by gold, so for there to be a confiscation now would require a reason, such a reason would be that the dollar is worthless. No other reason exists that I am aware of.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one would like to know who here does have PM. I don't :laughing7: I just enjoy reading fictious stories to make my evening fly
by faster. I can't see the government even trying this, the uproar would be like the shot heard round the world.

We are heading down hill, as Obe has stated, in my view as well. I don't think it is going to be as bad as what everyone is thinking.
I look at collecting as a means for a better retirement. The government has no idea what I have in my safe nor do they know
what else I collect. I just don't see it happening at this point in time.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
"When real money is being seized, firearms too will be targeted. Perhaps even earlier."
Well the warning to bury your gold will be the confiscation of your firearms.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Written in 2006. Pretty old thoughts now. Things have changed a LOT since the Obamanation of America that happened in 2008. I'm sure this guy has different (Worse) thoughts now.

:-)

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

I'm not particularly troubled myself with any confiscation either. I just thought that this was an interesting article.
HH
Rich
Stumbled on to this site today- am only on Pt 2 of it but it is an outstanding read!

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/neff_pt1.htm

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Fredness said:
All of my PM's were lost in a tragic boating accident...

Fred,
You must have been caught in the same storm as me. I was burglarized in 2006 (He had the misfortune of being caught by me :laughing7:) so I've been hesitant about going out for 12 hours fishing. So when I finally did go I brought all of my PM's and guns with me. Suddenly the skies darkened and the water became choppy, a storm was brewing. I was about to head in,when I got a bite,and it was a big one. I'm standing up,trying to reel it in when a rogue wave hits me on starboard and capsizes my boat.
Luckily for me, I was wearing a pfd, and a Coast Guard 47 footer was nearby to fish me out.
The only thing I caught that day was a cold :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions