Methods
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: Methods

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2006
    DE
    6 times

Methods

When ya'll head to the bank to get coins, whats your method for doing so? Im curious, do you pay by cash or check? And do I need to have an account at the bank to drop coins off? I think Im going to need to get a local bank account around here. They dont have Wells Fargo.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    132 times

Re: Methods

It'll vary with the area you're in, but as a general rule you'll need to have an account to drop off coin.

I pay cash for mine and pick them up anywhere and everywhere I can lay my hands on them!

Jan 2006
    new jersey
    2 times

We are lucky in New Jersey we have Commerce bank....No account No problem Buy with cash and bring back to the free counting machine.

NO MORE ROLLING!!!
    mark

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I always try to have at least a few hundred in cash on me at all times for whenever I see a bank when I'm out. I then just try to use one bank or a few banks to drop off coin and cash them in. I would assume you would need an account at most banks to cash them in.

us
    Tesoro Cibola

Jul 2005
    Massachusetts
    Tesoro Cibola
    16 times

Generally if a bank says I have to be a member to drop of coins I dont even bother with them

Feb 2006
    DE
    6 times

Do you all bother holding on to all of th 1976s you come across? Cause they pile up quick.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    132 times

nope, not worth it. Bicentennials were hoarded when they first came out, there are so many good examples out there they're not worth much, nor will they be.

Sponsored Links