My first one...

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
...I mean first 31, 2009-D nickels. I am sorry to report this is the most exciting thing I found in the past couple months. They actually go for quite a bit on feebay. I wish it would have been 31 rolls and then you would see me turn nickel into silver :laughing7: Anybody know the actual number of these minted? I couldn't find it anywhere online :dontknow: Anyway HH, SE

Attachments

• 2009-d Nickels.JPG
    2009-d Nickels.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
rileyboy said:
No, I don't think they've published that yet. Wish I had one.
rileyboy

People must think it is really low because they are paying as much for these as common date, avg circulated war nickels :icon_scratch:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Where did you find them? If they are around your area you might want to see if you can round up some rolls!

Maine_Jim

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
You are correct. I would sell while the selling is good. These coins did not get widely circulated yet because of all the piggy banks and change jars that were cashed in during the deepest part of the downturn. There were simply too many other coins being turned in and the banks were not ordering from the couriers (the Feds contractor) so only now are more folks beginning to see 09 and 10 coins. HH all.

OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
maine_Jim said:
Where did you find them? If they are around your area you might want to see if you can round up some rolls!

Maine_Jim

I found them at a bank right by my house, believe it or not in customer rolls. They obviously came from the same batch because I just realized two of them have a die break in the same spot and both have what appears to be some form of doubling on the 2 (not machine doubling). So tomorrow I am going to see if they have any more rolls. I will try to post pics of the errors if my hand gets steady enough tonight. :laughing7:

OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
I probably won't have time to post them on feebay. If anyone wants some of them, any amount, I am willing to trade for some wheats or whatever else you have. I will however be keeping the two errors. Thanks! HH, SE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread