FINALLY got my first ever WALKER

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
After 3 years of searching, I finally got a Walker. And of COURSE it did NOT come from a box. My boxes still are culled by someone before they hit the street, IMHO. They HAVE to be, since I still find only about 1 silver per 11 boxes searched this year, but the supply going in is MUCH higher than that.

Whenever I find a bank that has a few bucks worth of halves, they are good scores. that's what happened today.

I went in to a new (to me) Wells Fargo to deposit some rent checks that came in. I was in Scottsdale instead of my usual areas. The teller had no halves, but I asked if anyone else did. She checked and came back with $4.50. OUt of that I found

1- 40%
1 - WALKER!!!!

My first EVER Walker. It is a beat up coin ("Uncirculated" in my book, of course, since it is my first lol. Sorta like that first deer, which is ALWAYS a 6 pointer - western count) but still it is a Walker. And I got 2 silver out of 9 coins!

I get that a lot. I'll find a teller with coins, and I get maybe $10 and I find 3 or 4 silver in it. So I KNOW that silver is going "into" the system. And I know I don't get it all before it is turned in. But nothing comes "out" of that system in the boxes. I think somehow someone is culling at the rolling factory. I know it has been discussed, and I can't prove it, nor have I talked to anyone, but I think out here at least they have a way to cull. Too much disappears and never makes it back out.

But I found a Walker!!!!!!

It's a 1934S by the way. :-)

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and you were due for one. And your idea about culling has been brought up. They would have to get past the security though. I think Rich was talking about that in another post, don't remember which though.

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
I mentioned it and then Rich mentioned he read on a post. I met a man who said he goes to a local sorting center often and he said there are those who sort silver there. This is local problem where I am at and there also, but obviously not in most of the east. Most I have gotten from a box is 5, then 4 all others have been 1 or 2 or skunks. out of about 40 boxes.
I agree there must be more going in than coming out. so we will have to get it first. Con grats on the walker !!! I got a very smooth barber last week but I love walkers.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
The first day I ever walked into a bank , first bank, I asked for halfs and got a Walker and 2 bens. Have not found another in a bank since. Congrats.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
:icon_thumright:

That is unreal - 3 years - no Walkers!
AZ must be a dry hole for silver.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Congrats. If you are anything like me I could not put the thing down or stop looking at it for hours. I loved the look of her. Like Eve in the garden of Eden boyz. Like Eve in the garden of Eden.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Congrats on your first Walker :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm amazed that it has taken so long to find one.
Could just be a regional thing. I've never found a 1970 or a 1955 and they are found all the time.
HH
Rich

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on your first walker just have to love that lady when she walks into your life . Happy hunting RON

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, a proud day in the life of any coin roll hunter

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
Congrats. If you are anything like me I could not put the thing down or stop looking at it for hours. I loved the look of her. Like Eve in the garden of Eden boyz. Like Eve in the garden of Eden.

Golden Silver

GS, you have given so much valuable information to others, let me pass some on to you.

DON'T EAT THE FRUIT

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
I've found 2 walkers in 5 boxes so far but not a singlke Ben to date...

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
good for you JRF.... i remember finding Ben after Ben but no Walkers for over a year. i have found a few since but the Bens seem to outnumber the Walkers like 10 to 1.(not counting that incredible stash of uncirculated Bens) here's to finding many more :occasion14:

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
mistergee said:
good for you JRF.... i remember finding Ben after Ben but no Walkers for over a year. i have found a few since but the Bens seem to outnumber the Walkers like 10 to 1.(not counting that incredible stash of uncirculated Bens) here's to finding many more :occasion14:

thanks guys (And gals).

Found anothe Ben this week. Only silver in 4 boxes. One silver, and yet a Ben. Go figure.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good dealings! I am learning to ask "if any other tellers" have any halves. It does work now and then. Love the first Walker--I have only found 2 since Jan.

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread