apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about "upping the ante" during the summer months only. As you guys know, I am an assistant principal. We have the fortune of having about 2 months of on Fridays (yeepie!!!). So here is my plan:

Currently, I obtain 3 boxes per week--one at bank A and two at bank B--both of which I am an account holder and same bank. That is the best they can do me. I have expanded my enterprise to add one more box at bank C (same bank--different location). In my town we have 2 BofA. I planned on opening an account at one, but ordering 2 boxes at each branch.

I have another bank that has 2 branches in town that I dump, plus there is one of the same branch about 15 miles out with a coin counter. So, all in all, I would be dumping about 8 boxes of halves per week and have 3 branches to select from to dump.

I can only do this during the summer months because A) I begin to go back to work in August on Fridays--less time to dump before banks close; B) I am working on my Ph.D. which takes ever so much of my time.

The only thing is the dumps. Darn are they heavy. I am 99lbs. soak and wet and barely top 5"1". Too many trips to the car to unload. This is beginning to wear me out! :-\

apush :read2:

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the serious CRHers here use dollies or duffels with wheels (much like those used for air travel). You could try one of those.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I use.

Attachments

• DSCN3538.JPG
    DSCN3538.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 402

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i agree...get mr.apush...good luck on ur boxes, i love getting those extra funds, so i can do 1 more box per week...it adds up quickly tho. hh.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Apush,
Hang in there. One of these days you are going to hit the "Big One". Just about everyone does at sometime or another. I can imagine your anguish with all those coin "dumps". Hard work. That's why I don't do boxes. But the boxes may be your only option where you live. I'm lucky to have a lot of banks in my big city and suburbs. Stay well and I can't wait for your BIG HIT to happen.
rileyboy

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
You can get a small foldable dolley at Big lots, or Wally-world, that is rated at 150 lbs. (about 6 boxes), but I would limit the loads to 3-4 boxes. (75-100 lbs). VERY helpful......HH Gayle

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Apush

Best of luck on your summer adventures.

You will have great stories when you return to school.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[mod]Removed ! Out of Line !

Read TERMS OF USE

Jeff of PA[/mod]

http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

FORUM GUIDELINES

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ahhh don't worry about it. Man he will learn fast don't mess with Texas or a Texas woman for sure.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread