Day #7 BINGO! silver w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Thought I'd do a route that I go on about once a month. About 40 miles total, but it's a big highway with plenty of banks in shopping centers. Only problem is the traffic and there was a lot of it today. Almost made me quit and go back about halfway, but decided to stick it out. First seven banks produced nothing but two clad half dollars. Was getting discouraged quickly with no finds and lots of traffic. The last bank I usually stop at before turning around and heading back is a branch of my bank. The two guy tellers are always nice to me because if it's not busy we chat for a bit about sports etc. Also, this is the bank I usually "dump" whatever junk I've gotten so far. Anyway, one of the tellers said he had just gotten two rolls from a guy about an hour ago. I told him I must be lucky because these are the only ones I've gotten so far today except for the two I mentioned before. Got to my car and opened one end and low and behold there was shiny silver peeking back. Opened the other end and "yup" silver again. Poured it out and the whole roll was silver. Same for the other roll....."all silver". Here's the total: (2) 90% 1964s, (3)....1965. (4)...1966, (16)...1967,
(11)...1968, (4)...1969. This really keeps the streak alive! Hopefully the pixs I took with my cell phone come through okay.

Attachments

• Ftbelvoir1.jpg
    Ftbelvoir1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I'll try to get pic #2

Attachments

• Ftbelvoir2.jpg
    Ftbelvoir2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 332
OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
BTW..Forgot to mention that many of the coins are in really nice condition and worth saving. I think my photos came out okay. All the best to everyone and "let the streak continue".
rileyboy

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
That is awesome that the streak is still alive!!! Why don't you ship a little of that luck out towards the west coast?! Congratulations on keeping it alive, and I hope you can find some more silver on the next trip!!

KEverett

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
rileyboy said:
BTW..Forgot to mention that many of the coins are in really nice condition and worth saving. I think my photos came out okay. All the best to everyone and "let the streak continue".
rileyboy
Okay, okay my conscience is gettin me here, you got me on that one- did see a few of my 128 %40'ers that would make a good picture the rest are gonna take some soaking if ya knows what means.

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
That's great! I need a Riley dog or to take a road trip to your town.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Wish ever one would or knew how to hit "edit" button and shrink them pics to fit the page, I find %20 to %26 works well.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
rileyboy said:
Thought I'd do a route that I go on about once a month. About 40 miles total, but it's a big highway with plenty of banks in shopping centers. Only problem is the traffic and there was a lot of it today. Almost made me quit and go back about halfway, but decided to stick it out. First seven banks produced nothing but two clad half dollars. Was getting discouraged quickly with no finds and lots of traffic. The last bank I usually stop at before turning around and heading back is a branch of my bank. The two guy tellers are always nice to me because if it's not busy we chat for a bit about sports etc. Also, this is the bank I usually "dump" whatever junk I've gotten so far. Anyway, one of the tellers said he had just gotten two rolls from a guy about an hour ago. I told him I must be lucky because these are the only ones I've gotten so far today except for the two I mentioned before. Got to my car and opened one end and low and behold there was shiny silver peeking back. Opened the other end and "yup" silver again. Poured it out and the whole roll was silver. Same for the other roll....."all silver". Here's the total: (2) 90% 1964s, (3)....1965. (4)...1966, (16)...1967,
(11)...1968, (4)...1969. This really keeps the streak alive! Hopefully the pixs I took with my cell phone come through okay.

Great job!! COngrats! :icon_thumleft:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly!

And, yep, no dumps! Was Riley with you this go around? :laughing9:

apush :read2:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, you guys finds today are making me sick, sick of sitting in an office not looking for AG. Congrats on the nice scores.

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Thanks, Grizz,
However, you have the "banner lode hit" this month.
Let's keep at it.
rileyboy

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
DDDDDDDAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!! Very nice score! ive never gotten any solid rolls, and its hard for me to get any loose halves from any bank at any given time! yet again, i wish u luck, and i hope the streak continues. (i dout me wishing u luck is helping u out whatsoever, but just in case i had to say it! :tongue3: :laughing9:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread