Found a few unexpectedly

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Called a bank and they said they had $230 or so in customer rolls. I ride over there and see that they are all in newer style generic hand roll wrappers, and all are the same. This is usually not a good sign for grandpa's collection.

Anyway, I start going thru them in the parking lot and see that they are obviously somebody's dumps in that many have markings like I have been seeing in my boxes for the past few months. I am on my way to a dump bank so when I get to the dump bank I go thru more rolls because I wanna dump some of them. I am rushing a bit so I am basically using a quick glance plus sound. I noticed that many clad have a white/silver appearing rim, although they are not silver. Don't know where it came from but it is annoying.

All the sudden I hear "clink". I look and the silver rim is a 64. I do a few more rolls and another "clink"--another 64. All in all found 4 Kennedy 64's along with the many previously mentioned white/silver rimmed clads.

The only thing I can figure out is the original CRHer was a rim searcher only who got lazy and stopped checking the dates or for sound??? All the rolls had at least some clearly marked CRHer reject coins. If I had only found one 64 I would have figured a teller added some coins to the rolls out of the till, but the 4 were in separate rolls along with marked coins.

Much better finds than I can remember compared to my boxes for only $230 in halves.

Jim

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice find Jim. Most of my boxes never have that many 64s.

Less dumps, too. :icon_thumright:

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread